Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mussel Aware Boating Progrem Reminder
[#000050]Just a reminder for those of you who might still be finding open water and launching a boat.[/#000050]
[#000050]You may want to thnk about renewing your annual Decontamination Certificate for invasive species as the 2010 certificates are expired.[/#000050]
[#000050]The website to take the test and get your annual certificate is Wildlife.utah.gov/mussels [cool][/#000050]
[#000050][/#000050]
[#000050]Happy, mussel free boating....... [cool][/#000050]
[signature]
Good reminder, thanks. Now we just have to figure out how to charge Wyoming and other out of staters $30.00 like Wyoming does. I struggle with their resident fee at $10.00 and their non-resident fee at $30.00......in case you couldn't tell.
[signature]
[#000050]Yup! And Idaho is the same....................[/#000050]
[signature]
So tell me are there any states where resident and non-resident licenses and fees are the same? thats part of residency.

Im not sure about Idaho but Wyoming doesnt have the mussels in any lakes so far. Utah has them in several lakes. The whole program is to keep them out...and apparently self checking and regulating isnt really that effective.
I think its a good program concept and I will pay the 10 bucks.....and if Utah implements a similar program, I will pay their fee also....

Whats the alternative.....dont fish out of state?
[signature]
[#000050][/#000050]
[#000050][/#000050]
[#000050] PS: The certificates are required for anything that floats.....with or without a motor. [:/][/#000050]
[signature]
I should have been more specific. My real gripe is with the Gorge. Same body of water, two different states, they fish the Utah side with a "free" Utah issued Mussel cert. and I fish the Utah side with a free cert also. I go to the Wyo side and my cert/sticker costs me $30 and the Wyo resident spends $10.00.

Not a question of whether it needs to be addressed or not. I think we all agree that potentially it could be ugly if it gets away from us. Hopefully it is contained and never becomes a big issue for us.
[signature]
[quote hammerem]Good reminder, thanks. Now we just have to figure out how to charge Wyoming and other out of staters $30.00 like Wyoming does. I struggle with their resident fee at $10.00 and their non-resident fee at $30.00......in case you couldn't tell.[/quote]

So what??? are you just pissed that the residents of Wyo only pay 10.00 while out of staters pay more. No one makes you fish Wyo waters.
[signature]
Don't need one on a personal pontoon or floatube[Wink]
[signature]
I would like to thank WY. for the introduction of bourbot into the Gorge.[:/]
[signature]
+1
[signature]
Yup! Pretty hard to be at the Gorge and limit yourself to Utah only. I guess I'm mostly pissed at Utah for not charging a reciprocal fee to help fund the program in Utah as well. I'm not opposed to the programs being funded, that needs to happen. I'm fine with paying a fee if it is used for education and helping to solve the problem but shouldn't it be equitable on waters that are shared by two states?
[signature]
[quote SportfishinSteve][#000050][/#000050]
[#000050][/#000050]
[#000050] PS: The certificates are required for anything that floats.....with or without a motor. [:/][/#000050][/quote]

I would have to agree with Lakedrifter that this does not seem to be required for other things that float like tubes, toons, yaks and canoes. It is only for boats. Not saying it isn't a bad idea to clean these as well, but not required the way I read it. Be curious if I missed something.
[signature]
[quote PACKFAN]I would like to thank WY. for the introduction of bourbot into the Gorge.[:/][/quote]

Cheap shot,you make it sound like the residents of Wyo,purposely put burbot on the gorge. IF you have any proof of this please post it up,as i would love to see it.
[signature]
[quote hammerem]Yup! Pretty hard to be at the Gorge and limit yourself to Utah only. I guess I'm mostly pissed at Utah for not charging a reciprocal fee to help fund the program in Utah as well. I'm not opposed to the programs being funded, that needs to happen. I'm fine with paying a fee if it is used for education and helping to solve the problem but shouldn't it be equitable on waters that are shared by two states?[/quote]

This would work if Wyo only had to worry about the gorge,but that just isn't the case. I have no idea why the program was set up the way it was . I just have to take it as the Game and Fish doing what they thought was best for Wyo.
[signature]
I use a toon and went to the site and did it and yes it does say in the program "if it floats its a boat". Including tubes. Yeah better do it! If you don't do this then self certify before you enter or you won't like the fine that will come if you are caught.
[signature]
Doesn't make much difference, damage is done now, they will most likely make it to Lake Powell before long.
[signature]
[#000050][/#000050]
[#000050][/#000050]
[#000050] When you take the test, you will clearly see that it states, "If it floats, it's a boat". I'm just saying.[/#000050]
[#000050][/#000050]
[#000050]You tubers and kayakers can do what you want, but the problem occurs on those as well as larger boats and the prudent thing is to decontaminate your gear whatever it is.[/#000050]
[signature]
[quote LakeDrifter]Don't need one on a personal pontoon or floatube[Wink][/quote]

incorrect
[signature]
Doesn't make sense that you would have to take a 45 minute program (that's what the site states) to determine whether or not you actually need to take the 45 minute program. Like I stated above, I agree with cleaning and taking precautions no matter if it is required or not. But if they are standing by "if it floats, it's a boat" they should put that statement other places beside the program/test itself.
[signature]
Come on Pack, it wasn't Wyoming that planted the ling. It was one or a few individuals without much sense. Those kind of people are everywhere.
[signature]