Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday/Friday/Sat Ririe Report
Thursday night I went to stay in the ice house along with my neighbor and a couple of scouts. We arrived around 6PM and it took a while to set up so we didn't start fishing until later. We ended up landing 8 trout between all of us for the evening which isn't bad considering it was night time. We did better when we sprayed our paddle bugs with crayfish sent. I think the sent helped bring them in.

I want to try some radical glow tubes in the future to see how that does at night.

We installed the wood burning stove and had a pleasant evening by the fire. The highlight of the evening was dutch oven chocolate cherry cobbler.

On Friday morning we set up early and waited for the bite. One of the scouts didn't even get out of his cot as he caught the first fish of the morning while still in bed.

The trout bite was good early and we continued to catch a trout here and there throughout the morning. The perch started biting at 9:30 and quit at 10:00.[crazy] In that time I caught 7 nine inch perch. The perch were there all day but wouldn't bite despite my numerous attempts and tricks.

Only one Kokanee for the day. It was a loner that hit a perch rig. The last few years we have killed the kokanee in that spot. This year...nothing.

This morning I went fishing at Ririe with Steelfisher. We tried a new spot to us near the line on the East bank. We started out doing pretty well on the larger Kokanee. Steelfisher picked off 4 loners and I got one in fairly fast fashion. Then a school of tiny guys came through. After that we had nothing. The group to the South of us kept picking them up. It seemed like the fish were swimming South to North and just never reached us for the rest of the morning.

Not ones to quit easily we switched sides of the lake and went looking for perch. We found some perch but they played with us just enough to keep giving us hope. Every time we would decide to call it a day the perch would show themselves on the finders. Then they would ignore our offerings completely.

Overall today was really slow fishing for us but beautiful weather and great friendship.

I will post some permanent house pics in the morning. I know I keep saying that but I really should have time then.

Windriver
[signature]
Thanks for the report windriver! Headed out the door to Ririe. Hopefully it will be overcast all morning!
[signature]
A lot more fish moving around with a better cloud ceiling this morning! Not very many people out there either. [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
The USB ports on my computer aren't working so I can't get my pics off the camera today.

Glad you had a good day. Yesterday was a lesson in frusteration. O'well I guess you have to have a day like that every once in a while to keep you humble.

Windriver
[signature]
I almost dragged my kids out on saturday morning hoping to see you there but we decided to go to the nature ponds in the afternoon instead. The scouts reported having a great time.
[signature]
I was on Ririe Saturday, and first of all, it was nice to meet Mikfin, and PokyFishermen, very nice gentlemen. As I was fishing with them at early light just west of the island, the fishing turned on in about an hour and all we were catching, with the exception of one keeper (And, it wasn't mine), were little dinkers. It was pretty Saddening. So, since I had been able to get into some bigger kokes earlier in the week near the cliffs, I decided to venture that way. I met two great guys fishing who immediately let me drop my line in a couple of their holes. In about an hour the fishing turned on and it was crazy for about 10-15 min. Sadly though, I only iced three while the others limited. Not more than an hour or two later I was able to get into them again and caught three more decent kokes and i was done. I ended up leaving about 1pm. A good day, especially for a sunny Saturday. (For the most part, I don't think many people caught fish.)
[signature]