Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where to get a wheeler on PV
We have been to PV before but always walking on at Cemetary or the narrows. Where would we park to be able to drive a wheeler on to the lake? I don't think they plow the marine parking. Any help greatly appreciated. We may head up that way tomorrow. thanks
[signature]
The port ramp on the west side was open with just a little snow in the parking area.
[signature]
Your choices are limited unless you disconnect your trailer from your truck. At Cemetery point that is the only way because of the limited parking. As mentioned because of the limited snow this year you will be able to park at the Port ramp but a 4x4 might be a good idea because it is not plowed. K2Muskie parked at the port ramp last weekend and I don't think she had any problems, you could PM her to make sure. The Stringtown road might be another option but it is a dead end road, so turning around might be tough. Good luck and let us know how you do.
[signature]
I've seen vehicles go straight south from the parking lot at Cemetary Point, down the beach and onto the ice.
[signature]
Kinda late on providing a response.

Port Ramp is fine to launch from...larger parking lot is bumpy and rutty from all the packed snow...so drive slow else your wheeler will bounce around on the trailer a whole lot...haven't had any issues launching our snowmobile from this area the last couple weekends...Cemetery Point area can get crowded with parking...as long as we don't get dumped on with snow I'll continue launching from the Port Ramp. Easier for folks hauling trailers with machines...lots of parking.

Wouldn't do Stringtown road as its just a dead end road like WH2 stated no place would be kinda hard to turn around if there are alot of vehicles. Plus access is between to cement Jersey Barriers...a wheeler can make it through but would be a tight squeeze I'm think'n. Good luck and post up how you do...we haven't had any problems bringing home continually mess-o-perch...nothing huge 7" possibly a few pushing 8" still filletable and tasty little fish nuggets. [Smile][Smile]
[signature]