Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield
I was wondering if anyone has been having any luck up at Scofield recently? I am planning another scout trip this weekend, but was wondering if I should have the boys fish at Scofield or head over to Electric Lake. Any information would be helpful.
Cory
[signature]
I've been out to Scofield the last 2 weekends. Fishing is very fast in 4-8 feet of water. Small jigs tipped with meal worms, crawlers or powerbait. All your kids should do some catching there.

copple2
[signature]
I fished Scofield Saturday(2/5) 8am-3pm.

Area: East side, southern most parking area, where you can drive down to the shore.
Ice: 18"+ with 2" of new snow blowing hard all day.
Depth: 4' to 18' most fish were deeper.
Catch: 1 tiger 16" skinny, 5 cutts 10-12" skinny, 30+ chubs 4"-12" fat and healthy.
Bait: small jigheads tipped with crawler.

I could have probably done better for trout, but I was targeting chubs for a Wyoming burbot trip this week. Not hard to see that the chubs are out competing the trout for food. On a good note, I didn't catch nearly as many small chubs as I did last year, so maybe the trout are putting the hurt on the young of this year.

I talked to one other guy who was fishing with his three kids. They had only caught 3 small trout and one chub.

There were some scouts camped in the parking area. Looked like they had a good time. I didn't notice if they caught fish or not. They left before I got back. They did make breakfast smell real good.

As for camping with scouts I think I'd stick to Scofield. Electric may be a little better fishing, but Scofield offers better camping conditions and easier acces to the ice. I fished Electric a couple of weeks ago and getting down to the ice is a project. On getting the scouts into fish, I'd try the dam arm or perhaps the west side. I had very few trout swim by where I fished. The ones that did were cooperative, but small. I caught one trout with a bad eye and messed up gill plate twice. Slow learner. The tiger I caught followed a hooked chub right up into my hole. Got my hook back down quick and caught him too.

Looks like the weather is on your side this week!

Have fun!

IceAndFly
[signature]
Hey I&F.
Nice to finally meet you. That was me with the three kids. My kid was the one you pulled out of the hole (thanks), the other two were my niece and nephew. Thanks for helping me with the shelter, too. Man, did it get windy. Hope you put those chubs to good use.
Ya, pretty slow day for us. But kiddos had a blast on the snowmobile.
[signature]
Thanks for all of the information guys! We have a place to stay as far as camping goes. I am just looking for the better fishing. I just hadn't heard a report from up there for a while. I'll let you know how we do.
Cory
[signature]