Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for another local evening bite?
Hello Guys,

I'm way behind in the 16 species contest ([url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=65"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=65[/url];) on this board and am trying to stage a comeback. The only 2 species I've measured so far are an Albacore and a Catfish. I have a couple saltwater trips upcoming and am looking to diversify my freshwater fish.

Here's the problem. I am slammed at work this week and am coaching my sons football team until about 8pm every night this week. I need a local place that I can fish for a couple hours tonight after 9pm tonight (I'm in H.B.).
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Joe's Crab Shack. 2nd and Marina in LB [Wink]
[signature]
why dont you put that skipjack in there?[laugh]too embarrassed??[laugh][laugh][laugh]

why dont you try surf fishing from huntington cliffs over there on 17th and PCH. i am always over there bodyboarding and either see fish swimming or see surf fishermen.

good luck

joe
[signature]
Thank you for the heads up guys, i think I will give that go but would prefer to do it on a weekend when I have more time. I was thinking more like a hot crappie, bass bite spot that was open in the evening, where I could fish a few hours.

LOL, Joe I would have included the skip jack (and since its a freshwater/saltwater contest we're going by inches, so the skippy would have been a decent amount of pionts) but if you recall, I was in no condition to be involved in photo taking. I could barely stand without hurling (LOL)!
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I am butter fingers when it comes to anything but tackle. I have taken a camera out before and watching it go ploop! right into the water. $60 loss, then I bought a disposable one and dropped that one too but it floated.

But the damage was still done. Saltwater got inside [unsure] $8 loss. I need a boat to follow me and take pics of me catching fish [Wink]
[signature]
well the only thing i can think of is el dorado, but it closes. ummm....what about that park over on goldenwest. i dont know what it is called. it is REALLY close to you. I think it is in hb. if you are on knot and heading east it is on your left side. i dont know anything about this little pond, but some guy said it was a decent spot.

joe
[signature]
Thanks Guys,

What time does El Dorado Close? What do you reccomend targeting and with what bait?

Anybody else know anything else about the Knott park? Do you know the cross street?

Any other suggestions?

FYI, Theres some decent Kats in the Duck Park on Hiel and Springdale.
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
it might be heil and goldenwest... i really dont remember..the next time i go to hb i'll check.

joe
[signature]