Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holmes Creek
Does anyone know ice conditions at holmes creek?
[signature]
Was there last Saturday and Ice was around 8 inches and edges were good. The next few days are forecast to be warmer so edges might be a little soft but I suspect they are still good since night temps are still cold.
[signature]
I was there on tuesday and the ice was a little scary. I think it may have been my nerves to be honest. The edges were a little soft and when I stepped onto the ice the entire lake made a low moan. And because of the warm rain the night before the ice was swisscheese for an inch on top. So each step it crushed and felt like you were falling in... BUT I am a new Ice fisherman and definitaly don't know the rules and guidelines as far as look and sound and such so as far as I know it could of been an ice fishermans paradise...

Next time I will go after the sun comes over the hill so I am not using my cell phone as light as well.

(ps to those that will say night fishing Holmes is illigal I was not expecting to fish it for another half hour and didn't even have my gear out of the car)

So if you happen to go let me know!

Thanks
[signature]