Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pelican lake ice conditions?
Have any of yall been down to Pelican Lake lately? I know the temps have been frigid but that lake seems to fill up easily. I'm curious as to what the edges look like. Any info would be great. Thanks!
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif]2 foot plus - spoty fishin - nice gills - minus 16 yesterday!

M.R.FISH
[signature]
Fished Pelican last Saturday. Used my snowmobile on 14-16" of ice. Once we found the fish, we caught 40 in 3 hours between two of us. We stayed in one spot using ratfinkies tipped with meal worms. We cut the mealies in half and it worked great. Fished the east end. Steve_O also had a good couple of days.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
they edges had a little water on top when we headed back on friday afternoon but i wouldnt worry to much i stuck a tape down my hole and had 16inches we fished 15' of water and caught close to 200 in 2days with 5 of us fishing and 3 bass but the best thing i caught was my bass 20"long and probably 5# or better good luck
[signature]
Thanks yall. I hope we can locate some fish. I was worried that the return trip would have soft edges. After going through soft edges at Deer Creek last year...well, I'm a chicken. However waders or a change of clothes will work.
[signature]