Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more pv perch jerkin
Hit pv today for about 5 hours and caught an uncountable number of perch. Fished middle fork near cemetery.. 28 ft of water , best baits were waxies and meat on forage minnows and pimples.
[signature]
Dang bro you are the man...whats a forage minnow? Maybe we can meet up and you can show me how to catch some perch? Pm perch jerker
[signature]
[Wink]Sorry don't mean to butt in but the forage minnow is a new lure made by Northland Tackle. You can find them at Anglers Den, Sportsmans, or Cal-Ranch. They are really a good lure and I have done well with them myself.
[signature]
Thanks a million I will get me some asap
[signature]
Haha Bryce ( wildcat ) is the crappie master who got me hooked on the forage minnow, he's just givin me crap Because I use them religiously now after schooling me with them Haha.. its all good that's why we fish together right B-ryce lol tO progress in skills? ? Wait till musky season dude. Wink

oh and Bryce I fished "the spot" last night only one keeper And only landed 8 in 4 hrs. ... super slow!!!
[signature]
[#804000]Are the edges still ok?[/#804000]
[signature]
Yes solid as can be!! Even though its been warm in the day its been friggin cold up there at night "!!!
[signature]
[#804000]OK Thanks, I'll try Browning in the morning. [/#804000]
[signature]
If u fish Browning get away from the crowds!!! Better fishing for sure
[signature]
[quote perchound][Wink]Sorry don't mean to butt in but the forage minnow is a new lure made by Northland Tackle. You can find them at Anglers Den, Sportsmans, or Cal-Ranch. They are really a good lure and I have done well with them myself.[/quote]

Here's a [url "http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/search.cmd?form_state=searchForm&N=0&fsch=true&Ntk=AllProducts&Ntt=forage+minnow&x=0&y=0&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products"]Cabela[/url]'s link. They look like really good images of fish, but they fish vertical? Is that right? Suppose you tip em? Strip of perch, or an eye, maybe a worm-waxie?
So - is the image on both sides, or like silver backs?

Haven't tried them but liked the pix. Are they small like ice jigs, or bigger like spoons/pimples?
Yea they are a small spoon with a different shape than most others, the green glow has worked best for me.. and I replace the treble with a sz 6 straight shank single hook.
[signature]
Whiskers, hey i was out there Suday the 13th and was fishing with the Forage minnows, but only caught the 7" variety and pu a hookless swedish pimple about 6-8" above forage minnow. Used mealworms and percheyes. Not familiar with this type of fish'n through the ice and second time to PV and first perch caught through ice. Had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any tips I need to know for crappie or bigger perch, would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
Good fishing to you![cool][fishin]
[signature]
As far as bigger perch go. .. For me all of the larger perch I have caught were in the narrows And in deeper than 40 ft water... as for the crappie 40 to 50 ft of water 6-25ft off the bottom ...[cool]
[signature]
[#804000]No problem with crowds today ........ There was only one other truck there ......... I didn't see over 5 or 6 people on the whole place, (Not counting the narrows) ...... Didn't go there ...... Caught plenty in 34 ft. of water they would wait for the bait to come down, and they would meet it about 3ft. off the bottom, (Kind of strange) .......Only caught one fatty.[/#804000]
[#804000][/#804000]
[#804000]An 84 year old guy came out about 11 AM and I dug him a hole and he was catching when I left him at noon.[/#804000]
[signature]
Thanks for the tip Whiskers, hopefully the ice will be good for another couple of weeks and I can get down there and give it another go! Want to hit pelkican, too, but never fished it before and never caught a Blue through the ice. Someone told me that you can't eat too many of the fish in there because that have a large amount of selinium or something like that! Is that true? What type of lures you use on bluegill? Thanks![cool][fishin]
[signature]
Glad u got into them!! If Anyone is gonna go up there this week I'd be happy to join!
[signature]