Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Lures-what's yours?
[fishin] One of my favorite lures is a flatfish. I don't use one much anymore but when I do such as in a high mountain lake they can be deadly. It's fun to feel the wiggeling action of the lure and when a trout smacks one the bite and fight is exciting! My dad and I used to use them up on the stretch of the Big Lost River below the Mackay dam. Casting to the end of a pool of water and then slowly reeling them through the pool and having a fish grab one in anger was a blast-fish on!!!! Red and white, frog scale or perch scale patterns were hot at times.

DeeCee
[signature]
tough question.......there are so many i like. if i could have only one lure and one lure only ? it would come down to a 3" silver and black rapala or a 1/16 oz blue fox chartruce body with silver blade with the trebel removed and a wooly bugger for a hook. or a 1/8 chartruce grub will catch just about anything even steelhead.

i think i will go with a 1/8 oz jig head with a 3" chartruce pepper kalin grub !
[signature]
A woolly bugger or a gold ribbed hares ear. Smile
[signature]
[quote cpierce]A woolly bugger or a gold ribbed hares ear. Smile[/quote]

I'm with you girl. +1 for both of those.
[signature]
Well I am torn between two lures. A yellow roostertail and a Vibraz spinner with a blue body and silver blade.
[signature]
I guess it depends on how you define lure. If by lure you mean metal, then a panther Martin in orange body, silver blade.

If you are going into plastics, 1/4oz tube jig.

Windriver
[signature]
Panther Martin, yellow body w/ red dots, dark blade when it's cloudy, shiny blade when sunny.
[signature]
I suppose it depends on the species you're targeting. Since I mostly go after bass, a half once football head jig in black and blue with a cinnamon brown twin tail grub. Never seemed to matter what the conditions were. It worked in the spring, summer and fall. Muddy or clear water. Cold or warm water.

The jig won me AOY the last four years in our club. I only wish I would've started using it sooner.
[signature]
wow ! no wonder you like it ! i bought some strike king " bitsy bugs" in that color is that close to what you use? i found some uncle mikes real little pork frogs for a trailer. am i in the ballpark on your killer bait ? i don't fish tournaments so i won't use your secrets against you !
[signature]
My favorite lure to catch fish on is probably a Yum Crawdad, but if someone said I could pick only one lure to catch fish with, it would probably be a 3 inch tube jig. I've caught nearly every species I've targeted at one time or another on a tube jig. From trout to bass, tubes just plain work.
[signature]
I also use Bitsy Bugs if the bigger jig isn't working. Usually the same colors with the same Yamamoto twin tail grub. The Bitsy Bugs work great for smallies.

In the football head jigs, I also use a brown and purple color with the same Yamamoto grubs.

You would think that using the black and blue jigs, a black and blue grub to match would be the ticket but for some reason I do better with the cinnamon brown with purple fleck grub. The contrasting colors seem to work better.

BTW, if you want to go fishing this spring, let me know. I'm retired and go anytime.
[signature]
Black Panther Martin with red spots.
[signature]
My favorite lure is the Kastmaster in a rainbow trout color. Since I mostly fish for trout and mostly on the South and Henrys fork. I have caught every species in the river on those things. Mostly 1/4 oz.

I am going to try some rapalas because it seems like everyone loves them!
[signature]
I would love to fish with you this spring. I use a similiar set up for smallmouth.

I use the football head gitzit spider jig. By the way I am out and can't find anymore except online.

Windriver
[signature]
Ice fishing , White Paddle Bug . Open water #9 Gold Panther Martins . Curt G.
[signature]
Rebe, Texas red tiny crawdad, and trout cut bait. If they don't catch it I don't want it. Ron
[signature]
What cut bait ?
[signature]
Depends on where and for what.
Royal Wulff. so easy to see.
Kamlooper. Other great spoons out there.
Been experimenting with plastics, don't have a favorite or "go to" yet.
Floating Jig Head and bait.
Rapala...small diver. silver or gold and black.
[signature]
Mine would be the 3 inch white maniac minnow, if nothing else seems to work this always produces for me.
[fishin]
[signature]
Windriver, I use Bass Patrol football head jigs. It's made in Auburn, CA. My son gave me a couple and I really liked them. He got them in AZ at Fisherman's Choice. When I go down there or he comes here, I get me some. I'm headed down there March 1st. If you want some let me know.

You can also order them from Tackle Warehouse online.

I'm definitely planning on getting together with you this spring. However we can work it out.
[signature]