Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall fly fishing
Hey guys,
I'm coming to Park City in late October and trying to plan my fishing for the week. How is the fly fishing at that time? I fished the middle Provo in mid-Sept. before with a lot of success. No doubt I'll fish it again this next trip but also plan to take a day on the Green......good idea? Do i need to get a guide/drift boat for the green? If no, any recos on access points? I've also heard there is good fishing above the Jordanelle Reservoir....it that true? Please advise any recos on what stream; where to fish and what to use. Many, many thanks for any input.....obviously pretty excited about the trip and just trying to "get it together" before we go.
pjdbudman
[signature]
Middle Provo and lower Provo will be prime when you get here, above Jordanelle the river is basically all private except for just a small portion above the lake in the state park. Green will be great, no need for a guide (unless you want one) just head up to the dam and start heading downstream or go down to Little Hole and head upstream.
[signature]
What kind of fishing do you want to do? The browns will be staging or in full on spawn mode in many of those areas. Streamers and egg patterns will produce a lot of fish if that's your thing.

As stated, the Middle and Lower Provo will be good at that time. The Green is going to be the same. Depending on what section you want to fish is where you will access it. For walking purposes, there are really only 2 access points, the dam and Little Hole. Good fishing close to both, but there will be crowds unless you can go mid-week. A guide can put you on fish, but you certainly won't need it if you have some experience fly fishing.
[signature]
There is so much private - ABOVE Jordanelle. Middle is awesome and very close to Park City. I agree with that being a PERFECT time. However, if you want to try a little stillwater, give a shout. I have a couple Pontoons, and flippers.
[signature]