Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
Unfortunately I missed out on the cisco run and I am wondering if there is anything else that will work through the ice on Bear Lake. I did get lucky and found a cisco abandoned by a hole on Sunday and fished with it all day. I did well, caught six and lost several more. By the time I got to the end of the day I was cutting off mighty small pieces of that cisco. I have a 13 year old son that wants me to take him up on the 21st and I sure would like to find some bait that will work for the trip.
[signature]
Sucker meat will also work. Maybe some kind soul will part with a couple cisco but if not try sucker
[signature]
Where could one get a hold of sucker meat?
[signature]
Sportsman's Warehouse has all the sucker, chubs you want.
[signature]
I live in Logan, do you know if there is anywhere you can get sucker meat over at Bear Lake?
[signature]
Smith and Edwards may have it give them a call
[signature]
The guys are right, in addition to Sucker and Chub meat, Carp will also work. You should check all the local sporting goods stores in your area but if that fails and you don't want to travel to S&E, Anglers Den or Sportsmens, you might be able to catch some Sucker if you go out and try jigging for them with a gold Kastmaster. In years past we have caught several Suckers jigging on the Rock pile after the cisco spawn is over but if the ice is too thin there I think it will work anywhere that cisco have spawned. Good luck.
WH2
[signature]
Thanks guys, this gives me some options.
[signature]
Grab your pole and some worms, drive out to valley view and you will be able to catch all the suckers you want for free! Probably will catch more carp than suckers but its all the same once their skinned and on the hook.
[signature]
OK that brings up the next question. When fishing with sucker meat, do you leave the skin on the chunk you bait the jig with?
[signature]
Yes, leave the skin on for sure. The skin helps keep the meat on the hook after a hit. With just the meat, there is a chance of it coming off the hook easier after a hit but with the skin on, the bait can usually survive several hits[Smile].
[signature]
Pugstones, right in the middle of Garden City just got a shipment of Chubs and Sucker Meat not to long ago.

They are not open all the time, but Darin is usually happy to meet someone down there anytime, just give him a call in advance-

Darin (435) 757-9430 or [url "http://www.fishingbearlake.com"]www.fishingbearlake.com[/url]

I really prefer Sucker Meat as it usually stays on through multiple hits/misses unlike cisco that seems to come off fairly easy.
[signature]
I'd be willing to part with a few cisco if you want to send me a PM we can make arrangements.
[signature]