To All
WY SFW Members[/size]

[/size][/font]

[font "arial"]
[center] PLEASE SEE LETTER BELOW[/center]
[/font]

[center][/center]
[font "arial"][size 2]
[center][font "arial"][size 2][#ffff99][size 4] Wyoming Sportsmen for Fish & Wildlife [/size] [/#ffff99] [/size][/font]
[center][font "arial"][size 2][#ffff99]Mission Statement: To promote the protection and enhancement of wildlife habitat, the quality of wildlife management programs, and America's family heritage of hunting, fishing, and trapping.[/#ffff99] [/size][/font]
[/size][/font][/center]
[font "arial"][size 2]
[center] The following is from Don Peay:

We went into D Day this week with 50 Co-sponsors of the Delist wolves from the ESA, I bet there will be more than 100 by noon today.[/center]
[/center]
The BOLD and GUTSY move by Montana Governor Brian Sweitzer who told his fish and game personnel to kill packs of wolves to protect elk herds, to kill the entire pack of wolves if they kill one cow or sheep, and told Game and Fish Personnel NOT to prosecute any landowner from shooting wolves on private property has sent a SHOCK WAVE through Congress – we had already pounded them for two solid days.

So, Victory on this issue is imminent. We must stay focused and win a few more battles, and not relent until final and complete victory is achieved.

Congress must act by Friday night on a Continuing Resolution (CR) by this Friday or the Government Shuts down.

Senator Hatch and Barrasso and Congressman Rheberg, Chaffetz, Bishop, Matheson, Ross, and Congresswoman Lumis had anchored a great position, and had some strong support by Senators Crapo, Risch, Lee, McCain and Kyle.

So, stay tuned.

US Senator Orrin Hatch has been a complete STUD on this issue. Ryan Benson is still in DC working to make sure we get the exact right language in the final bill on wolf delisting, which could be signed by the President within 48 hours.

Ted Lyon, our top tier Texas Trial Attorney put together a very interesting meeting Tuesday night with one of Leader Reid and the Entire Democratic Senate’s Senior advisors.

I called some friends after that meeting and told them, we won. Sweitzer’s bold move, without a doubt will sealed the deal

So, it has been a long road.

Ted Lyon said it best today in DC, “This is a Roosevelt Moment”

Stay tuned.

Thanks to the tens of thousands who really dug in and helped deliver a monumental victory for Conservation.

Ryan Benson and I have been keeping some notes, we are going to write a book about this, if nothing else, It might become a Harvard case study about how to do what most say can’t be done. It will be a fascinating read for all who love wild places and wild things.

In a few hours I have breakfast with Fmr Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney. I spent a couple fun days in December hunting elk with him in Western Montana, it will interesting to see what he thinks about this bold move in leadership.

Don Peay
[/size][/font]
[font "arial"][size 2]
[#0000ff][size 4]The following is from Bob Wharff:[/size][/#0000ff]

Dear Members,

I just wanted to let you know that Matt Lumley and I were able to meet with Senator Enzi and Barrasso on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 while in Washington, D.C. attending a National Wolf Delisting Meeting. We thanked them for the efforts and support of H.R.509 and S.249. After meeting with them in the morning, we attended the National Wolf Delisting meeting hosted by U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT) and several other Congressmen. Representative Lummis and Senator Barrasso were also able to attend the meeting. Ryan Benson reports that a tidal-wave is building for support of this effort, with 50 Congressmen signed on to sponsor these bills. Don Peay told Matt that he is optimistic that we will see something happening very soon. With today's developments in Montana,( [url ""]http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-andregional/montana/article_990c41b4-3a20-11e0-8b81-001cc4c03286.html[/url] ) it is starting to appear as though others are starting to understand that something needs to happen and happen soon.

Tomorrow morning, Matt and I will be meeting with Representative Lummis. We are hopeful that we can get some names of potential Congressmen that Rep. Lummis may be able to talk with about joining our efforts from states which are currently absent but whom Matt believes we can swing.

Matt was also able, through some of his connections, to get a Fox News crew to interview many of the key speakers and representatives from several diverse conservation groups united behind Congressional Action to remedy the wolf debacle. Hopefully, we can get some high level exposure as well as some video clips that we can use to get our message out more broadly and in a positive manner.

An interesting statement from David Allen of the RMEF. He stated that the RMEF will not allow Wyoming to be thrown under the bus. The elk foundation has definitely made some significant movements and I would suggest that those individuals which desire to contact the RMEF and express appreciation for their efforts in this effort.

Thanks again for all of your efforts and support. I truly believe we are going to deliver on this when many have given up. I hope that you can express my appreciation to our members from your respective communities. Without all of their hard, volunteer efforts and labor, I would not be able to be here fighting this critical battle in their behalf.

Respectfully submitted,

Robert A. Wharff
Executive Director
WY SFW
[/size][/font]
[font "arial"][size 2]
[center]National Wolf Delisting[/center]
[center]Help Us Fill in Rest of the Map[/center]
Sign the petition at [url ""]http://biggameforever.org/[/url] to get updates.
[center] [/center]
[/size][/font]
[font "arial"][size 2]Map of Cosponsors by State. 46 Senate and House Cosponsors to Date[/size][/font]
[center][/center]
[font "arial"][size 2]
[center]Use the automated system to email your leaders in Congress in support of H.R. 509 and S. 249 “The American Big Game and Livestock Protection Act” at [/center]
[center][url ""]http://biggameforever.org/takeaction[/url][/center]
[center]It’s Fast, It’s Easy and It’s Free.[/center]
[center]Make a donation today if you can.[/center]
[/size][/font]
[font "arial"][size 2]
[center][font "Arial"][size 2]
[font "arial"][size 2]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 5]WY SFW Upcoming Banquets
[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
Uinta SFW---February 19, 2011
Big Horn Basin SFW---March 26, 2011
Star Valley SFW---April 30, 2011
Natrona SFW---June 11, 2011

[/size][/font][/center]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[font "arial"][size 2]
[font "Arial"][size 2][font "arial"][size 2][font "Arial"][size 2]
[center][font "Arial"][size 2][size 1] Wyoming Sportsmen for Fish & Wildlife
SFW Membership / Database
P O Box 336
Cody, WY 82414
sfwwyo@bresnan.net
[size 2]307-587-7208
1-866-356-4868 (In Wyoming Only)[/size] [/size] [/size][/font][/center]
[center][url ""][size 3]www.wysfw.org[/size][/url][/center]
[/size][/font][size 1]

[/size][/size][/font][/size][/font]
[/size][/font]
[signature]
best news i have gotton all day!!![Wink]
[signature]
The wife and I belong to the WY. SFW and I was glad to see that we are finally making some progress with this issue and thanks again to Orin Hatch for all he has done. Looking forward to our annual SFW banquet in Evanston this Sat. night.
[signature]
Sure hope it all works out. The hard work is very commendable by all involved.
[signature]
this is good news in deed. I know that I have recently read where the elk herds in the yellowstone drainages have dropped anywhere from 40 to 70 percent depending on the drainages. This is crazy. These herds will take a few years to recover with no predators, but will continue to spiral down until this can be brought under control. And this is just the elk! Have not a clue what the catttle industry and others have suffered from the re introduction of this four legged parasites.

Im glad to see our federal tax dollars are working for us all in one way or another.
[signature]
Pretty good articles in the latest Sportsman's Voice magazine about the overall effect the wolves have had on the economies in some of our nieghbor states.
[signature]