Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
33 Sh!# Hole
I went down along the shore at 33 hole for the first time in a while this past weekend. Besides my old fishing spot being dry now (bummer), I can't believe how bad the trash has gotten. Shopping cart here, TV couch cushions there...hang ups on trash bags, wrappers and sardine bags almost every cast...drives me crazy seeing all the shit campers and people leave behind. There's just got to be a hell for people who go out camping and leave their broken camping chairs, foam containers and piles of trash to float out or collect in the coves like a water filled dump. How embarrassing. made me want to start a clean up crew
[signature]
Yea me and anothor bft'er hit it up bout mid afternoon yesterday for nada. There actually is no camping at 33hole so if you see a tent set up dont be afraid to tell those suckers. The trash is bad down there I simpily call it "the hole" cant wait for the fishing to pick up down there.
[signature]
I might be going out on a limb here (new to the Nevada board) but why not organize a BFT volunteer clean up one weekend? I know 5-10 people are not going to clean up the whole joint, but at least those folks will have the self satisfaction that at least some of that shit is gone. Let me know what you think and I am more than ready to help. When I was in Utah I always carried a couple Wal-Mart sacks with me and tried to pick up a bag before I launched and a bag of trash after returning for the day. Every little bit helps. Heck, maybe after a couple bags full we can cast a line. I still havent been to Mead yet!!!
TS
[signature]
4pound Hahahah man, at one point tryin to climb outta "the hole" I thought the coroner was gonna have to come get me LoL assd out
[signature]
[cool]Haha that was funny, I'll go ahead and tell the story undurtow and me decided to do a little recon mission around hemenway monday.

On the way to the spot we were passing by the hole and there was a bunch of boats anchored up in the bay. I convinced undurtow to pull over and we would for sure get into some action. WRONG

It was a nightmare from the beginning on the way down we passed an angler who said he skunked then up comes a steep hill on the way down somebody took a spill.

We eventually make it to the point not a soul around except the boats in the bay. Then some mexican came down with his two kids. With all the other points he decided to set up right on top of us 5ft away.

I tried scaring him away by cussing loudly and slamming my empty beer cans on the ground(dont worry I picked em up) and pounding on my chest like a gorilla. He didnt understand so I walked up to him and said what the hell buddy you fish somewhere else we were here first. He didn't say nothing and gave me that dum retard don't speak english look.

So I walk away and started fishing the back side of the point. Couple minutes later a nice white family the dad, wife,kids set up behind us about 15ft. The wife and son come up to me and ask if I could kindly rig their lines. I basically snapped and said " I hate to be an ahole but NO go away" she said "your an ahole" I tried to tell her I was.

By this time the mexi kids are throwing rocks into the water right where we were fishing. I looked at undurtow and said F it were going to hemenway. Not as many folks at the pier compared to the hole. We decided to play copy cat and casted the shoreline between the pier and ramp all for nothing and it was tuff without waders. All in all jus a recon mission.
[signature]
Lol, 4pound... I still need to hook up with you guys some day and try our luck. I've also taken 5 years of Spanish so maybe I could remember enough to tell them to move away. You'd think with 115 miles of coast line we'd have enough room for all of the fishing. I kind of understand it at one of the urban ponds that you're going to be on top of one another, but not at the giant lake.
[signature]
Hello folks,

I don't know if anyone else would be willing, but I'd definately take the kids out on a trash detail. We pretty much do so every time we go out. Wherever we go, we spend a few minutes picking up trash. I often tell my kids that we cannot pick up all the trash in the world, but that we can do more than our share. It is funny how often people join in and help us.

Sorry you guys got Saddled w/ the unsportsman like fishermen on your trip. Btw, I would've ask the lady to have whoever was gonna bait their hooks if you weren't round do it. Smile

Working 6-7 day weeks now so no time for fishing, but next time I get out I'll post.

Mark
[signature]
lololololololololololol
[signature]
Hahahahahaha well said. still cant believe I fell down that F'n hill like a dilsch LoL, ah well I had a good time. I really wanted to do it up at hemenway but after the spill and the walk/climb deal I was feelin like total A** ... really thought I was gonna have to get air lifted out that b*tch LoL
[signature]
thats funny right there[cool]
[signature]
Lol. Good story. Two good stories.

But tell me, HOW DID HOLE 33 GET CROWDED!? LOl, that's the biggest man made lake in the US and you're climbing on top of each other??? and with poor fishing XD

I'd be down with a clean up effort. As long as its, 50/50. fishing/trash picking

Save the Lake~!
[signature]
Let us be realistic.. It should be 20 per cent clean up... 80 percent fishing, tops. Like I said, I will do my share, plus some.... but I can't do it all. Educating one person to pick up after themselves will accomplish more than a lifetime of picking up after them.

If things go well, I might be able to take my son out on Sunday to fish Smile.

Later guys,
Mark
[signature]
Me and my brother will help do a clean up with bft'ers. Im not good at scheduling or doing the set-up but we will show up. Smile
[signature]
I wouldn't mind doing a little clean up either. I just wish their was a way to dispose of the "trash" that leaves all their junk behind.

I understand a little junk here n there but most of that stuff their is just no excuse. Undurtow and me saw a TV riddled with bullet holes that last trip.

The sames guys that come over and take over your fishing spot are the same guys thrashing 33 hole if you catch my drift. I could less where you come from whether your illegal or not just have some respect not only for others but yourself.

I've been going to 33hole almost every weekend for the last 3years I've seen every rule in the book broke down there. The Sad part is the the park service dosent do a dam thing about it.

Note - I know LMNRA has a clean up program, log so many hours get a FREE season pass. I've also heard the Nev Striper Club has clean ups every so often.
[signature]
[quote REAL_RAT_FINK]Lol. Good story. Two good stories.

But tell me, HOW DID HOLE 33 GET CROWDED!? LOl, that's the biggest man made lake in the US and you're climbing on top of each other??? and with poor fishing XD

I'd be down with a clean up effort. As long as its, 50/50. fishing/trash picking

Save the Lake~![/quote]

Thats the first time i've had somebody come into my fishing bubble like that at 33hole. I think it was presidents day and we were on a popular point just off the trail. If you want seclusion park in the rocky point lot and hike towards hemenway.
[signature]
Here is an older post...........

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=614293#614293"][/url]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=614293#614293[/url]

We do 3 or 4 clean-ups a year but LMNRA tells us where to go.
[signature]
I have been checked by rangers on boat for my fishing license at hole 33. They came right up to us over the lines we were fishing. Then when they left they went around the whole cove so" they could tell us if there were any fish down there." . I think they checked our licenses only to be fair for checking out guys playing three beat music. Just an account of hole 33 actually being regulated.

I agree lake mead in general everywhere could use a clean up. Too bad no one cares about taking pride in what we have.
[signature]
[quote lvrider]I have been checked by rangers on boat for my fishing license at hole 33. They came right up to us over the lines we were fishing. Then when they left they went around the whole cove so" they could tell us if there were any fish down there." . I think they checked our licenses only to be fair for checking out guys playing three beat music. Just an account of hole 33 actually being regulated.

I agree lake mead in general everywhere could use a clean up. Too bad no one cares about taking pride in what we have.[/quote]

O I know its regulated just not as much as I would like it to be. Its tuff times im sure they got better things to do besides bust illegal aliens for not having a fishing license. I was down there at night once all sudden I heard some "vatos" firing off their new AK-47, I was sure the rangers would show up but nobody showed. Ive also witnessed a few yotes getting shot at for getting too close.[:/]
[signature]
The Whizzle made this post [cool] has dates n such.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Nevada_Fishing_Forum_C39/Nevada_Fishing_General_F42/gforum.cgi?post=647799;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Nevada_Fishing_Forum_C39/Nevada_Fishing_General_F42/gforum.cgi?post=647799;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]