Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any yuba reports?
ive never been there before, considering going this week, but im not sure what the conditions are like.....anyone have a guess on the ice conditions?
[signature]
Went to yuba on 2/12 fished of the oasis camp ground didn't have a bite in 4 hours we hit a few spots the ice was 8 to 10 inches thick soft edges in afternoon good luck
[signature]
Perchslayer If fishing is your goal, DONT GO! Go somewhere (ANYWHERE) else. TubeDude only caught one perch, and that's the only fish I know of that's been taken out of Yuba. Years ago I heard there was good chubb fishing, but I haven't even heard of those being caught. If you do Yuba go in the summer, it's much prettier, but the fishing is about the same.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I haven't been able to get a report on current conditions. But the ice usually "goes south" pretty fast once the temps warm a bit this time of year. I am betting that with the rising water and the warm daytime temps of the past week or so you will have trouble getting on the ice...even with a plank. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And the fishing has not been good enough to warrant a special trip. Very few anglers have found more than one or two perch per trip. DWR had a special group fishing trip there about 3 weeks ago, to capture a few fish for their study on disease potential in Yuba. A whole bunch of pretty savvy anglers beat the heck out of the lake to catch a few fish for the study. Since then there has been very little happening. Lots of friendlier venues. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
fished it twicwe this yr. pounded some mondo perch first trip. they were shallow at first ice. but it should be getting very spooky on the deck down there.
[signature]
If i were you i would wait till the spring and target the pike you have a better chance of catching one of them . [:p]
[signature]
Ocean is right, Pike only take 10,000 casts and put up a better fight. Well maybe I'm on my 2nd 10,000 but I hear it's worth it.
[signature]
Can you say "C-R-A-S-H"
[signature]