Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roberts Report 2-20-11
I had not fished Roberts in two winters now, and missed the little guys so my son and I headed out there. Plenty of three inch perch; as other posts have mentioned they are that small[Smile] I had one monster that neared five. I iced 17 while my son iced 25; they are actually quiet a challenge to catch considering their size. Think small teardrop jigs. Put 15 in the freezer if I need them bait fish; perfect minnow size. I hope all the kids have fun next weekend in their tournament. I personally may make the six-seven hour drive to Cascade. Can't decide if I want to camp or motel it, anyways I will fish there till Monday if I go.

OvidCreek
[signature]
When you coming to Cascade? If we could work it out, do you want to get together?
[signature]
I'd be interested in following you over there as well O.C. Give me a heads up if you go!
[signature]
You guys can't plan a BFT road trip when I have wrestling.[cool]

J/k Have fun if you go.

Windriver
[signature]
you got me all excited to go and catch some 3" perch! I went to Roberts this morning with StickRig (new member of the forum) and we, or should I say HE, managed to catch 9 and I got 1. It was really windy and we only had the hand auger to get through the 18+" of ice.

Needless to say it was miserable for me because I was not getting much but we did head to the honey hole on the way back to rexburg and caught several trout and I even iced a perch that was about 5".
[signature]
I will PM you both today. My son has some practice issues on Saturday, but I want to be there for sure on Sunday (all day) and Monday till about 11:00 am. Sorry for the late response it is the end of the school trimester.

Best,

OvidCreek
[signature]