Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Showdown problem
As I was getting my gear together, I always make sure everything is in working order before I get it all loaded for a day on the ice.

I recently bought a Marcum Showdown flasher(worked without a hitch the 4 times I've been out with it). It wouldn't turn on at all last night...I figured the battery lost its charge so I plugged the charger in for the night. Tried it again in the morning and...nothing. I then tried a different battery and again...nothing. Stopped at chevron on the way to causey and bought some new fuses and tried that...nothing. Used both batteries on my old rigged ammo box fishfinder and both worked fine with that unit.

Was hoping someone may have a bit of light to shine on my problem in hopes to resolve it prior to my trip to PV in the am.

Thanks in advance!
[signature]
I had the same problem with my Showdown, but even worse. When it arrived I hooked everything up at home and it fired right up. When I tried it out on the ice it would not turn on. Tried everything that you did and finally had to return it to the service center for a new unit.
[signature]
i believe td had the same issue check the fuse
[signature]
The Showdown units are now manufactured in the U.S. by the Marcum company in Minnesota. They have a very efficient customer service program. I suggest you call their toll-free phone number and they should be able to help you. I had to call them once earlier this year when my unit was only reading a constant "32" for the depth. It was a problem in the early model's software. They had me send the unit to their Minnesota location where they upgraded the software to the new 5.6 version and everything has worked well with some new added features.
Their customer service number is: 1-888-778-1208.

Good luck with your problem.
[signature]
[Wink]Not trying to be negative, but I have heard of a lot of problems with the showdown from many people. My suggestion is send it back for a refund and buy a Vexilar FL18 or FL20 or the new FL22, you'll love the Vexilar.

I've owned the FL18 for 6 years now and haven't had any issues nor have any of my friends had any trouble with theirs, there easy to use and very accurate.

Just my take on the subject!
[signature]
Well, after just wiggling the crap out of the wires and reconnecting everything, it works....I did talk to sportsmans and was told if I have any more problems just bring it in and they'd get me a new one or refund no problem...so I'll keep using her!

I'm just happy to have a working flasher back!
[signature]
I'm glad it's working again. I was going to suggest that you disconnect everything and then hook it up again, but I assumed you had already tried that method of troubleshooting. I've had my Showdown for three ice fishing seasons and I love it. My brothers have flashers and I just don't like their features and their method of display. Good luck out there on the ice.

Mike
[signature]
I thought about this after I got home today, that you might be able to use it for a tiger muskie lure at Pine View. You might even be able to beat Lewis and I in length with that Showdown. I know you can get 38 +" with a Vexilar. [laugh][:p][Wink]
HAHA, no kidding. I may just drop the full length of the cable down and troll with that thing!
[signature]
I had unplugged and reconnected everything once. I think it ended up being a sticky pwr button or something in the area of a button issue. It's working great now but the mngr at SW assured me to use it and if it causes me any more problems to bring it in so I could get a new one.

I just hope the ice holds for another month so I can get some good use out of it!
[signature]