Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Fishing Report
I'm not fishing anymore this year, so this is my final report 2010. The numbers that you are about to read were caught by me and the people that I fished with this year. Most of the time in my boat, but several trips I took with other people in their boats. I really was blessed this year to fish with some great fishermen and some dear friends that mean the world to me.<br /><br />My total fishing trips this year. 139 of which 85 were specifically for crappie. The other trips were for bass, stripers, sunfish, and walleyes. I did not fish for catfish this year, but I did catch several while fishing for other species. emoBang Slimy trash fish. emoBigSmile I know that you love them EricM cause you hug them real tight. You and Sam take the cake for this. Last year I had 166 fishing trips, so I'm down 27 trips. I told you that I was going to fish less this year. emoBigSmile <br /><br />Total fish caught: 4043<br />Total crappie caught: 2539, 85 trips = 29.87 fish/trip. 14 TARPS by me. 15.5 inch 2.5 lb Black Nosed Crappie was biggest. Tims Ford<br />Total stripers caught: 43 in 13 trips. Biggest landed 21 lbs. Best day, 12 landed. All caught below Chickamauga. No WB trips.<br />Biggest Largemouth Bass = 4.9 lbs caught while crappie fishing.<br />Biggest Smallmouth Bass = 4.5 lbs caught at the Riverpark.<br />Only Walleye that I caught at Tims Ford was around 3.0 lbs while I was fishing with Bent Rod.<br /><br />I only fished for Shellcrackers 2 or 3 times and 10.75 inch was longest cracker. <br /><br />We had a blast for about 10 days while the Red Breast sunfish were on beds. I landed a couple that were 9 3/4 inches long. <br />I fished about 2 or 3 weeks for Spotted bass below Chickamauga down to the Moccasin Bend area and landed many spots. I had a wonderful day with the 2 old farts MB and FA down at the Bend. MadBomber front ended Fat Albert and me all day and I was fishing twice fished water and was way behind on numbers. I think that is the first time that they ever beat me at the spotted game.<br /> emoBang <br /><br />When the crappie went on beds and all the people clogged every parking lot in town, I quit fishing for them and went to the Riverpark where we had the area all to ourselves and the huge white bass were spawning, Rockfish were running, and we caught so many big smallies (7 to 9 per trip) that it was unreal. I know of 2 smallies that weighed 4.5 lbs each. When we got onto the stripers, I was using 4 lb test line, a 1/16 oz jighead with a 2.75 inch tiny fluke on it and the big stripers were eating it up. Labman still can't believe that the stripers were hitting such a tiny lure, but we landed 5 out of 8 hookups that morning. 2 breakoffs and 1 fish that we estimated over 15 to 20 lbs just pulled the little jig out after a 10 minute fight. The smallest that we landed weighed 7.7 lbs. Biggest 12.8 lbs. TVA was running from 10,000 to 14,000 CFS at that time. We had boat paddle sized white bass. Biggest whites that I have ever landed in those numbers.<br /><br />I took Hal and he caught his PB striper and I took Bay Man and he caught his PB striper and of course, Dr Phil had to show off and catch several fish over 15 lbs this year. emoBigSmile <br /><br />I enjoyed fishing with the new guys that I fished with this year. I'm sorry that I didn't get to take out a couple more guys that requested that I take them crappie fishing. I just never could get my schedule to jive with theirs. I have a couple of guys that I have taught how to crappie fish with the method that I use and they have been willing to take out new guys and show them how to fish. If they are still willing next year, I will call on them to teach others how to do this. I wanted to fish with some of you that I just couldn't get around to this year and I'm not making that mistake again. I'm 68 years old and although I feel great and am about 16 years old inside, still the outward man is perishing day by day. My fishing trips are limited to 1/2 days just cause my shoulder won't allow me to stay out any longer.<br /><br />I guess that my highlight of the year was fishing with and developing a good relationship with Bent Rod at Tims Ford. He tried to teach me how to Walleye fish, but he didn't have much luck. He had to catch all our fish with one exception. emoBigSmile I was especially blessed the day that Rick and I caught 34 crappie at the Tims with 5 TARP sized Black Nosed crappie. Rick was almost beside himself. Reaching for the net, then the pliers, then the camera and repeat, repeat, repeat. On another trip over there, we caught an almost unheard of 76 crappie. That ain't bad for the "dead sea". I'm looking forward to several more trips over there next year and I hope that Mallardecho will take some time off and fish with us. emoTeacher emoGeezer That's all folks!