Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the Conditions at the Berry?
Me and some of the guys I work with are going to play hooky tomorrow and go up to fish Strawberry. We are heading over to fish the Soldier Creek side. Has anyone been there in the last few days that could report on the ice conditions? Has the lake turned into a big Slush Monster? Is there a lot of snow on the ice? Any info would be awesome thanks.
[signature]
Was there Sunday and the slush was gettin bad, would not go with only one snomo or 4 wheeler, bring some rubber boots or waders.
[signature]
My cousin and I were on Soldier Creek Sunday morning, and it was the worst I have seen it this year. Pulling my sled through was a chore. about 10 inches of slush with another 1ft of snow on top. But the fishing was alright. We were the only ones there and a few people came by on their snowmobiles....... made me wish I had one.
[signature]
Thanks you huys for the info it will really help us out. I'll post a fishing report later.
[signature]
We were on the Soldier Creek side on Sunday also. Rode our sleds into the narrows to our favorite spot. Slush was over the boots with well over a foot of snow on top. The machines were struggling especially those dragging a shelter. Ended up fishing by the dam, only a little slush which froze up once you packed down the snow. Fishing was OK, nothing over the slot. Fed the eagles a couple of rainbows. Lots of slush riding pack to the parking lot.
[signature]