Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 DAV fishing outing
We'll be having a meeting at Sportsmans Warehouse on 7200 S. upstairs @ 7:00 PM on Tuesday, 3-15-11. If anyone is interested in helping with this effort as a team leader or otherwise, please plan on attending. Those vets gave a helluva lot for us & some paid pretty dearly. If we can in some way, however small, pay a little back, LET'S DO IT.

GEEZER
[signature]
That sounds good. If i dont have to work that night Ill be there. Wouldnt mind shaking hands with these gentleman. I myself am a disabled Vet but no where near what some of these guys are.
[signature]
Not firmilar with this program what is it cause id love to help if i can?
[signature]
DAV=Disabled American Veterans
[signature]
Wow I should have know that I would love to help but I found I have to go to Wyoming for work I wish I could help.
[signature]
Thanks Tom, I'll see you their..

Thanks for the help..
[signature]
I am still in. I am still the Cooking Lead, and Food lead, I guess. I can not make any Tues meetings. Work...
[signature]
This meeting is for the planning portion of the event, the get together and fishing portion won't be until the summer. There will be more meetings before the event, if you want to attend the next one contact Geezer or Bassrods.
[signature]
I hope you see a good turnout this time. You have been doing a great job of getting this thing off the ground. I know the BFT guys will help out. See you there.

For those who don't know what this is about. This is a chance for Sportsmen to take some disabled veterans out for a day of fishing and fellowship at Strawberry later on this year. This is just the planning stage. This will be an outstanding event if everyone pitches in to make it happen like the last one.
[signature]
Is the meeting still on for tonight??????
[signature]
I will gladly help out again this year like the last. I brought all the give-away poles other equipment last year. I will have my boat also to help take a DAV out. I will for sure be taking the DAV (Daniel Westerfield 75 yrs old) out with me again. He took big fish last year. I cant make the meeting because of the time I get off work plus living in Tooele.
PS- You will be seeing many post from me and Daniel again this year like last. I will be going out alot and he will be coming with me most of the time...Wife told me the other day that if she plans on spending any time with me on the weekends, she better come fishing with me sometimes...

Please keep me informed on whats going on...
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]BigBassaholic,[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Glad to hear that you are still on board. Three people showed up for the meeting last night. We are all hoping that we can get enough volunteers to get this thing going this year. [/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Geezer will be trying to contact all that helped out on the last event to see if they want to help again this year. If those people cannot help again then we will be putting out a request for another team leader. If you did help last time and do want to help again, please send Geezer a PM and let him know. [/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]We really want to get as many people as we can to commit to this as soon as possible so that the day will go smoothly for the Vets. After the team leaders are all set we will be looking for volunteers to bring their boats. It looks like there are already about 40 Vets signed up for the event. [/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Please mark your calendars now for August 6th 2011. We want to make this the best day for our Vets as well as all of you sportsmen that support our Vets.[/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Bassrods and Geezer are working hard to make this happen. They can use all our support.[cool][/font]
[font "Calibri"][/font]
[font "Calibri"]Keystonecop[/font]
[signature]
Just back from Florida and catching up on my reading. As a Nam vet (class of '69), recently retired and wanting to get back to fishing, I'd love to be involved however needed with a DAV project. I have a little bass boat and lots of extra time until winter rolls around again.

Mike
[signature]