Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY LAST HURRAY ICEFISHING FOR THE SEASON
Went up to see my grandkids in northeast of the state and hitting a lot of icefishing places while I'm here.
DEERCREEK on Thursday. Got there around 7:30 or so and caught a bunch of trout in the 1 lb. range. Slowed down around noon.Fished near the island and boat dock. Ice was around 10" with 4" of slush on top. they hit mainly on nightcrawlers.
PELICAN LAKE on Friday. Got there around 8am and did very well until it slowed down around 1pm. I fished on the east side where you can pull off. Ice was 14" and solid sides. I fished In about 12 ft. caught around 40 to 50 blue gills keeping the larger ones. Wax worms were the ticket. Got mine at Sportsman Warehouse in Provo.no one seems to have any here. My greatest surprise was catching a 3lb large mouth bass and 16 1/2" long on a real light pole and tiny jig. Biggest one so far. I've included a couple of pictures OH YAH THAT's WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!
STARVATION today with the grandsons. Went to Rabbit Gulch weather was great with ice was 14" or so. Had nothing but minnow size perch nothing big but the boys were happy catching those. Kind of like catching minnows one at time instead of using a minnow trap.
PELICAN LAKE on Monday with one grandson
STARVATION on Tuesday by the bridge this time and hopefully catch some with size.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Wannagofishing. Wow, sounds like you have been out a lot this week. Is this a normal weeks worth of fishing or are you and Dave retired? Great first post, thanks for sharing your fishing trips with us and congratulations on the nice bass, hope we hear more from you.
WH2
[signature]
thanks for the welcome. usually don't get to fish this much at a time. just had some extra days off and my grandsons had some wrestling and basketball games. dave does not fish much so I like to go whenever I get a chance. sure will be nice when we are retired.
[signature]
That's a better week than I've ever had! Congrats and way to get out with the kids.
[signature]
Nice way to finish off your ice season. I should have went this morning, but i talked my self out of at 4:30 am, I did not want to battle the wind from the incoming storm. Now sitting here wishing my lazy a$$ should have went fishing. Next weekend!! May be my last trip of the year, let's hope for sun and no wind.
[signature]