Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aluminum dealer found!!!
Ok all you pontoon and tube pimpin nuts out there I have found an aluminum rod and tubing dealership in Salt Lake City. I have also found a welder in Woodscross UT that works with all of this bending and welding. For those who need this here is their contact information:

From what I have found it looks like the aluminum supplier might be a national chain.

Metal Supermarkets
537 West Pickett Circle (1810 South) #800
Salt Lake City, UT 84115

801-972-5911
[url "http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/"]www.metalsupermarkets.com[/url]

Metal Supermarkets has a room of remnants at great prices. They had some diamond plate at $15 for a sheet of decent size.

The welder is:

Iron Works LLC
1436 South 1450 West
Woods Cross, UT

801-292-6848

The Iron works is currently working on a job for me making a footrest to replace one that was lost by the previous owner of my toon.
[signature]
Right on....right in my neighborhood! I could even ride my bike over there. About 13th W. 13th S. for me.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Uhhhhh...the address is in Woods Cross. I think you are a bit fur south fer a bike ride.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I might hit that place for a mounting deck and some launch tubes for my surface to surface missiles. PVC just ain't holdin' up too well when the power squadron gets too pesky.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yea the woods cross would be a ride, but I was referring to
Metal Supermarkets
537 West Pickett Circle (1810 South) #800
Salt Lake City, UT 84115

Few blocks to the south and a few blocks east. Around the same area as the old William Joseph store.
[signature]
The welder did mention one other place where they get their stock from. It is a little further away though.

Metal Mart
85 South 1350 East
Lehi, Ut 84043
801-768-3332
800-947-0249

[url "http://www.metalmart.biz"]www.metalmart.biz[/url]
[signature]
Here's some guys that do custom work in your geographical area, but may be high $ : http://www.prophish.com/quickfin.html They have a number of unique products (check out their website) and will custom build anything, as they are machinists by trade.

Most of the cutting edge stuff (not only in pontoons) will be moving to carbon fiber as prices drop and this stuff is much lighter, and much stronger than steel, plus rustproof. So I have been looking around the web for parts suppliers for suppliers of structural components for some of my projects...

Pon
[signature]
I can second the Metal Super Market people and their service. I met the owners playing poker in Dover and have bought a fair bit from them.

If anyone cares to know another fully equiped metal shop (fabricators and they have the metal there) Try Kingdon Sheet Metal. If I was cool I'd have their exact address handy but it's about 3700 South and 3rd West. Been getting my gear fixed there for almost thirty years.
[signature]
Picked up my new foot rest from the welder today. It looks great!!![Smile]
[signature]