Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scanoe
i just bought a 16 foot scanoe, a canoe with a flat back end. sick of the inflatable raft i guess. thinkin about going out monday for the first time. eventually ill buy a trolling motor but for now ill just paddle, should be a good way to get back into shape. anyone getting any bass yet this year?
[signature]
That is sweet [cool] put a trolling motor on that puppy and its complete. No comment on the bass ? [:p][:p]
[signature]
Nice I had one many years ago great to fish out of. I am taking my new 14 ft boat out Monday for the first test run. Should be a great day.
[signature]
Nice, now you dont need hook protectors Smile
[signature]
congrats on da boat. you headed to callville monday for the trial run? iam thinking thats where ill first try it out
[signature]
Yes I am going to Calville first light in the morning.
[signature]
Scanoes are pretty much awesome! One tip, if your going alone, might consider taking along some weight for the front to ballast the thing.... Scanoe's will pop a wheelie.... one of the many reasons they are so awesome. You will dig this much more than a raft. The RAM-x plastic they are made of is bullet proof.
[signature]
well monday morning trip got scraped, going tuesday morning instead. ill report back after i gethome
[signature]
well i went out today instead of yesterday with a pal. we paddle the scanoe all over the place. several miles. never got winded or tired. i could do it again right now no problem. the raft killed me to paddle 400 yards. i love it, just need to get a lil trolling motor for it now. at walmart they have 40 pound thrust min kota for 166 bucks, would that be over kill? just right? not enough?

No fish at all, used several cranks, plastics, jerk baits and a bass pro version of the LA slider. but oh well, perfect day and super happy with the new canoe.
[signature]
i recommend a 25 HP Honda with electric start....oh wait, u might end up sinking.... but what the hell it would be fun...

that minkota should be plenty...... congrats on your canoe
[signature]
I could be wrong but if you add the electric motor do you have to register the scanoe?
[signature]
nice chalupa... er I mean scanoe...
[signature]
yeah, as far as i can see it is 25 bucks to license a 16 foot or less boat. ill make sure before i bring it to da lake though
[signature]
I think it is $20 or so to title it too.

I tried a 30lb thrust on one of my kayaks, and it was cool, but slow. 40lbs would be nice.
[signature]