Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice conditions In the preston area
What are the ice conditions like on twin and glendale ?

Thanks
[signature]
don't know about glendale, but twin is pretty much unfishable, buddies went out there yesterday, ice was ten feet out from bank, they had a really tough time getting onto it, and once they got on it it was thin and soft, they had a 3 ft peice of rebar and could push it straight though the ice...they walked out a little ways and said the ice would be 4-5 inches of soft white stuff, then go to 1-2". they turned around and headed out. be very careful if you go....it will ice-off within a couple weeks i'd imagine.
[signature]
I heard twins was bad. The edges were pulled back and there were some soft spots out on the ice
[signature]
Thanks for the info guys much appreciated [fishin]
[signature]
I happened to drive by Foster today and there was a sizable area of open water down by the dam. I'd imagine the other lakes are experiencing similar conditions.
[signature]
Bump....any updates this week?
[signature]
Bump__Looking for ice off updates anyone ?

thanks
[signature]
It's not in Idaho, but Newton isn't that far away from Preston and is well on its way to ice off. There are a couple of cracks all the way across the middle and 20-50 ft of open water around the perimeter. The Preston lakes are probably pretty similar.
[signature]