Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bear river eyes ?
Anybody know when the walleyes and crappies spawn in the bear river around the cache valley area.[:/]
[signature]
Hello, the time is right now! However with all of the water this year not many fish will be caught. They are letting out over 1000cfs currently, which makes the river impossible to fish in and it is straight mud right now. Doesn't look like anything will change over the next few weeks. The fish more than likely will be done spawing by the time the river clears up.

The river itself does not have enough crappie in it to fish for. The Crappie are usually caught in Cutler. However since the drainage a couple of falls ago, the crappies are hard to find.

[fishin]
MM
[signature]
Are the bass spawning right now as well.

Also is it pre spawn right now or in the peak for the walleyes and bass if so.

I agree not many crappies but there are a few hot spots if ya know where to go. And i agree the water looks like crap right now
[signature]
No the bass spawn later, just like anywhere else. Like I said before the river is unfishable, so it is hard to say, but water temps indicate pre-spawn occurred several weeks ago.

I do know where to go I have fished the Bear in Cache Valley for over 20 years. Like I said not many crappies in the Bear and not a chance you can catch them this time of year, unless fishing Cutler or Benson, which are not really considered the Bear River.
[signature]