Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 pole permits
Hi there,
I just noticed that in Oregon, kids can use 2 poles as long as the water allows for 2 pole permits...
Can kids fish with more than one 1 fishing pole in idaho?
I can't seem to find the answer on the F&G wbsite.
[signature]
No . I understand they can buy the permit and then they can fish with two poles . Curt G.
[signature]
[quote curt69]No . I understand they can buy the permit and then they can fish with two poles . Curt G.[/quote]

This is correct.
[signature]
if they are too young to buy a licence they can not get a two pole licence. Ron
[signature]
Most states allow kids that are too young to purchase a license to fish with 2 rods.

I'm Confused. What does Idaho do then with say, an 11 year old???
[signature]
[quote idahoron]if they are too young to buy a licence they can not get a two pole licence. Ron[/quote]

Any age may purchase the 2-pole permit. Children may also purchase salmon and steel head permits if they want there own limits. I have sold Fishing and Hunting licenses for many years.
[signature]
I might be wrong but I think they can buy the permit without the license . If not it is age discrimination . Curt G.
[signature]
[quote curt69]I might be wrong but I think they can buy the permit without the license . If not it is age discrimination . Curt G.[/quote]

You are not wrong.
[signature]
I ttried to buy a two pole permit for a kid and they would not sell it to me. They said they needed a licence to issue the permit to. Ron
[signature]
Hope this helps.

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/apps/releas...ewsID=4482
[signature]
"Unlicensed nonresident children under the age of 14 also may buy a two-pole permit if they are accompanied by a valid fishing license holder. Any fish caught by the nonresident child, however, would be included in the bag and possession limit of the license holder."

Nice..
So, I need to let my buddy know when his kid comes to see him from out of state, he better not buy a two pole permit or they will ned to stop fishing before the rest of us [crazy]
If they (non rsident kids) have a two pole permit, they lose their "bag limit completely"?
[signature]
I believe non-resident children's bag counts towards the license holder no matter what. Resident kids have there own bag limits and do not need to be with a licensed person.
[signature]
That sucks not allowing kids who under age to not have their own limits unless they purchase a license.

I'm ashamed or our legislature.[mad]

Kids should have the same rights as all adults and with the exception of tagged anadromous fish should be able to retain a limit and use two rods without a license or permit until they reach age 14. [Image: bobmad.gif]
[signature]
"Nonresident children under 14 years of age
must be accompanied by the holder of a valid fishing license
and their fish must be included in the license holder’s limit
in order to fish without a license, or they may purchase a
nonresident license and have their own limit."

This is on page 51 of the current regs.
[signature]
The law should extend to all kids resident or not. [Image: beaten.gif]
[signature]
I'd buy the kid an out of state license for the time they are here then. This is just patently unfair.
[signature]
Good find, I had not seen this release. I see the date was 2008, I tried to buy my son a two pole permit I think in 2007. He turned 14 in 2008 so it was not a problem after that. Ron
[signature]
Oh man, if I buy all three of my munchkins 2 pole permits I will never get to fish[crazy]
I already spend half or more of a day of fishing fixing there poles[laugh].
[signature]
[quote BigAl85]I believe non-resident children's bag counts towards the license holder no matter what. Resident kids have there own bag limits and do not need to be with a licensed person.[/quote]

So if someone from out of state brings three kids, they only get to catch two trout each unless the parent forks out for a temp license for all of them? That could get expensive.
[signature]
It's the same law Utah has. It seems very tourist unfriendly. [Image: dumb.gif]
[signature]