Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrastons ponds in Mona
For a lot of years, these ponds had a restriction on grass carp. There are no longer restrictions listed for that water anymore, and the community guide book lists the likely catch as common carp. With no mention of the grass carp.

Are the carp there free game now?
[signature]
If that is what the book is saying...
[signature]
I would always like to keep with what the book is saying, but there are different interpretations. I just don't want to catch it for sticking one of them. I haven't seen a grass carp there in years, but that does not mean they are not still there.
[signature]
And just because you posted, have you fished for/ caught bass out of there?

I have never seen one come out of that water. But it looks and feels like prime habitat.
[signature]
not to butt in but I have caught a lmb out of Burrstons
[signature]
I'm not sure if they are grass carp or not but I always see a lot of carp when I fish burrastons with my pt boat.
[signature]
I don't think you are butting in, this is a public forum. Thanks for the info. I always thought a nice weedless frog next to the weeds might produce.

It would be hard to drop shot or Texas rig because of the weedbed, but cranks and jerks should work, right?
[signature]
I have not fished there for many years, and in the past no bass was in there...

But who knows now..
[signature]
I am not a pro bass fisherman, but wouldn't it be the other way around, with DS and Texas rigs being weedless. I know if there is a ton of vegetation I have a hard time throwing cranks, is there a technique you use to make them weedless?
[signature]
I was thinking more cranks because of the ability to control depth. There really is a solid bed of weeds that carpets the whole bottom of every one of the ponds out there.

It actually looks and feels like not dead yet tumbleweeds. I guess if I opened my can of patience and really paid attention to what I was doing, a Texas weedless should work.
[signature]
I've seen bass in there must have been two or three years ago. They wouldn't bite my lures though[mad]
[signature]
The only reason I tried for bass is I seen two of them guarding a nest close to the shore and one of them bit finally after many attempts to make it mad but it just wanted to pick it up and move it. It was in the little pond to the north I have a pic of it on my Profile wall of fame.
[signature]
Want to catch LMB go to Mona res they have plenty and some good size ones there. I havent fished it there in a couple of years but there used to be some 2-3 lbers in there unless the locals finally fished them out.
[signature]
That's funny. That's where I had seen two LMB, right in that north pond.
[signature]