Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber
So i got my new pair of waders and ready to get out there. Was going to try and hit the green this weekend, but plans fell through, so that won't be for a few weeks.

But I thought maybe I hit somewhere local on Friday. Anybody know if the Weeb would be good around Morgan area? Or is the runoff and flooding still too much right now?

Or any other ideas on a good place to hit this week?

Thanks
[signature]
The weeb is running pretty high between rockport and echo. I was out after work last week and found the water too fast to nymph very well. I did find one of my favorite holes to be fishable but had to switch to streamers because I could not get a good looking drift due to all the different currents that the high water created. This hole was the only one I caught any fish out of. The weirdest part of it all was the carp I hooked into on a green bugger. That was not expected at all. Reeling it in I thought it was a sucker because of the wet log like fight it put up. The real kicker is I caught another on on the next cast out. If I hadn't caught a little brown before these carp I would have thought I was on a different river. Anyway I saw some small hatches in the slow eddys and even some rising whitefish. Didn't really feel like setting the rod up for dries but the rising fish didnt last very long anyway.

If I were a betting man I would say that given the recent flooding on Morgan, that the river is going to be pretty blown out.
Hope this helps.
[signature]
Weber: Rockport is releasing 565 CFS and Echo 955 CFS. Echo is normally 13 CFS until the middle of April. Ruined all my streamer fishing plans this spring.

Leaky --- It looks like Echo sprung a Leak.
[signature]