Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fins for small feet
[cool]I'm trying to find some fins for my wife that she can use with her boots on. All the ones I have seen won't strap her foot properly. They just strap her toes. She has a size 7-8 foot. Also, being on a budget I can't spend too much for them. Any help would be appreciated.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Your wife has just the opposite problem that I have. I wear a size 13 men's and by the time I stuff my feet into a couple of pairs of socks and a pair of divers' booties I need the largest fins I can find. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have long been a fan of the Mares line and I get some good deals on closeouts at [url "http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-20/Fins-Adjustable-Strap.html"]SCUBA.COM[/url] . You may have to shop around to find the right fins at the right price but that is a good place. Not a good idea to buy the cheapest fins, especially if they do not fit well and/or if they do not have a good energy to propulsion ratio. Too stiff and they beat you to death. Too flimsy and you get a lot of exercise without going anywhere.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Always a good idea to be able to try before you buy. If there is a dive shop and Scuba certification center nearby, see if they will let you try some fins, with all your gear, so you know what size and type you need. Nice if you can buy good used fins from them but not a requirement.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Judging from your wife's shoe size, I would guess that with wading boots she should fit into a L sized soft pocket fin. Maybe a medium. But always better to have slightly larger and cinch them up with the adjustable strap.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That is my shoe size. Just about every flipper has worked for me, although some are harder on my shoes.

I have had every single pair on this page and they all worked.

http://www.best-price.com/search/landing...gwod2EfF-A

Even had some that aren't on that page.
[signature]
[cool]Thanks for the info. I will check these out. There are a couple dive shops in town here.
[signature]
[cool]Those are good deals. I will let my wife check out these and go from there. Thanks.
[signature]
Like I said, they all work. I am a little more hard core and fish allot. By that, I mean I have been in some 4' swells.
From many years of this, I will say I now use Force Fins and Omega's (which are scuba style) Bigger the blade the better, but her feet are small enough to still get plenty of blade even on the smaller ones.
[signature]