Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sand Hollow March 25-28
My older brother and I headed down to Sand Hollow on Thursday night.

Friday morning the air temp was 42 degrees at 7 am launch, water temp was 49-50 degrees. We fished for about 3 hours and boated 3 fish, nothing very large. The fish were scattered and the bite was soft. We probably would have caught more but the electric motor stopped working and the wind started to blow pretty hard.

Saturday morning we found colder water and colder air. Rain picked up early and we got real wet. We caught 10 fish and left around 11 am. Fish were scattered but a little more active.

Sunday and Monday brought better weather but poorer fishing. The bass seemed to have moved out to deeper water and were more scattered and less willing to play. I don't think we ever marked more than 2 fish on the graph at the same time. We tried everything from crankbaits, spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, lizards, etc. The most productive thing was finesse fishing a 5" worm texas rigged and fished off the bottom very slow.

Water temp when we left on Monday morning was still a chilly 51.5 degrees.

This week's forecast calls for warmer weather and a more stable pattern. Fishing should just continue to improve down there each day.

We are heading back down in June and I already can't wait.

Here are a few pics:
[signature]
Thanks for the report bassman. We are heading down to fish Friday and Saturday so hopefully the warming will help the fish be a bit more playful, i hear it may be 83 on friday. Even if the fishing isn't real active it will be nice to get the boat out on open water. Will update after our trip, thanks again for the post.
[signature]
Looks like fun times! You can tell those bass were hard earned.....
[signature]