Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Dot
I was wondering if any of you had any recomendations on a good 1X red dot scope in the $100-$150 range?
[signature]
I dont have any advice because i dont like them personally. If your batteries go dead then your screwed. Also the ones i have looked throught it seems your dot moves with how your cheek is on the stock. I know good cheek weld is optimum for shootin accurate but i think the little movement is to great. Thats my opinion however, i know some guys that shot them very well, i dont its just personal opinion. Good luck man [Smile]
[signature]
Chad i agree on what WS said.. I use to have one on my muzzy and switched to a 1x nikon. I like it lots better. Good luck on whatever you decide to go with.
[signature]
Chad,

Here is the one that I just purchased for my Muzzy, Will see how it works this fall. I purchased this one at Kents Shooters in Ogden. All teh ionfo is on the right side of the add.

[url "http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-strikefire-red-dot-scope-for-ar15"]http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-strikefire-red-dot-scope-for-ar15[/url]
[signature]
An EOTech will cost you more but is the very best you can buy. Your cheekweld will not matter. It will look like the dot is moving but it's on. I use one on my M1A to deer hunt with. Also on every AR style rifle I own. Sportsman's Warehouse has them. You will be impressed guaranteed.
[signature]
Thanks for all the advise fellas. I've been shopping around and watching ebay. Still not sure which route I'll end up going.
[signature]
If you go with an EOTech buy at a local distributor. Authorized distributor, they have the Chinese knocking them off like crazy. You don't want to get taken. Should cost you around $400 bucks.
[signature]
you know the best one i have ever used was built by cross-man!! it came with an BB pistol... and it worked the best!!! figures a 15 dollar red dot scope worked best!!!
[signature]