Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 9-7-03 (report)
Meet HA69 at pineview today. We started fishing at 2:30pm trolled for a half an hour and found a family stranded on the island with boat problems. So we towed them back to the port ramp. After they forced us to take $2.00 and two cokes and we convinced them they need to unhook us from their boat we where on our way again.

Started trolling on the north side of cemetery point after about one hour I hooked into a 38" muskie using a #11 clown rapala in 10' of water. About 20 minutes later I hooked into another 38" muskie in 12' of water on the same lure and about in the same place. HA69 will post pictures tomarrow. Trolled that area and the north arm for another couple hours with no more luck. So we relocated over to the south shore and within a half hour we had our third muskie on. He hit on a #13 perch rapala trolled behind a side planner in 25' of water. HA69 was reeling him in so I had to remove the side planner and as soon as I grabed the side planner the line broke right at the clamp[Sad]. I think I will use stronger line next time when pulling a side planner. Over all it was a good day on the water, landed 2 lost 1 and seen two others plus HA69 caught one sm bass trolling and caught several others while he was waiting for me to show up.
[signature]
Nice report. Thanks for the info, sounds like I should have tried pineview again on friday instead of Rockport and the Weber. I really need to hook another musky! Way to go on helping out the stranded family!
[signature]
Had a great time . Thanks Mike . Just next time let me bring one in LOL . Maybe I should fish starboard side next time . That was the muskie side today . Caught about 6 smallies and a carp while fishing today so I did ok . Just need to get that muskie under my belt or hook . I will posts pics tomorrow after I get off from work . Could be late tomorrow night .
[signature]
Nice report and way to go, two and almost three in one trip, it can't get much better than that. I guess you got a nice payback for helping those people out. How fast were you trolling? WH2
[signature]
The first two we where tolling at 3.7 and the one that got away we where trolling 4.0 (gps).

I never turn down any boater that needs help. That was the third boat I towed this year.
[signature]
good to see you had some more luck mike whats that now 4 fish hooked 3 landed in two trips not bad

chris
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]MGB and H69,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Man, way to go!. Three on and two in the boat! You truly deserve it after putting in so many hours trying.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Great report ... Thanks ... I need to get back up there.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Muskie Pics
[signature]
More pics !!!
[signature]
Ok now . Here's a carp that thinks he's a big smallie . Caught him on a senko . and the biggest smallie I landed sunday . Uploading tonight is making me pull my hair out . LOL
[signature]
Thanks for the pics HA69.

I like bringing a photographer me.
[signature]
Hey Mike , get that tiger muskie pic with you holding it and enter it in the wall of fame . I'll vote for ya !! I do like taking pics . I need to upgrade my camera . Tired of going into my make shift dark room to wind up the film by hand . LOL
[signature]
Nice pix! That rock pile looks familiar were you in the narrows? I tried outside of the narrows along the north side but it was all beach. Didn't get a thing. I may try driving the South side next.
[signature]
Awesome fish Mike! Good to see your catching them. Were they close to shore? Pineview is quickly turning into my favorite place to fish. The smallie action keeps me happy. Looks like it may be time to switch over to muskie lures real soon! Whenever I'm up there I always keep my eyes open hopeing you would troll by, I guess your keeping out of the narrows lately.
[signature]
Nice looking fish MGB, you should think about posting it on the wall of fame. WH2
[signature]
Al, the two that I caught where a couple hundred feet from the shore. The one that got away was close to shore. I still fish the narrows but I have been spending more time in areas that have been hard to fish because of recreational water craft.

HA69,WH2 how do I move the picture to the wall of fame?
[signature]
looks like you had graet day fishing and catching. as soon as i get the clutch back in my truck from my labor day trip looks like it's time to hit pineview [Wink]
[signature]
Not sure what computer program you have but you need to download pics to your computer and then go to the wall of fame and upload them . That's why I wanted to post them all so you could download them or at least the ones you want .
Al , yes I fish the narrows most of the time now .I fished Browning point in the morning sunday . I would fish more of the other areas if it was full of water . Great time to check out the low water and look for structure to fish when it's high water . Check out the fall colors on this one from sunday .
[signature]
Where is browning point? Cool picture it's starting to look real pretty out there! If I could only put the pole down I would take some more pictures. That's the problem with being a die hard always have to have my line in the water.
[signature]
Great report MGB,have had pretty good luck there the last two years,but no luck this year.WH2 and I will be going to Pineview this Friday.Can we get over the Dam in the morning?Also were you using floating Rapalas with some weight,or something else?
Thanks Mike
[signature]