Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice sought for trolling reel
I am tired of the cheap trolling reels that have to be replaced every year or two -- but I also don't have an unlimited budget. I am looking for a combination trolling/downrigger reel with a line counter. Any suggestions?
[signature]
I would recommend the Okuma 20 DX line counter - $44 @ Sportmans. The reel has one of the best drags on any reel I've owned and the line counter has refined my presentation alot. I've used it for one full season and I'm going to get another for next year. The reel also comes with two handles - one with one grasp and one with two.

On another site the most recommend reel was the AmbasSadeur 560(?) - not sure on the cost.
[signature]
hey lundman i think you mean a abu gracia ambasSaduer 5600 C which would have been my suggestion not sure if it has a line counter though

chris
[signature]
Daiwa SG27LC
Guest, and your point is?
[signature]
Just ordered a Daiwa Sealine SG-27LCA from Reed's Sporting Goods. Thanks for the input. So far I've upgraded the fish finder, my primary jigging and casting rod, my primary spinning reel, and now my primary trolling reel. Now if I could just win a new fishing boat.
[signature]