Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice on Strawberry
[bobhappy]
Does anyone know Strawberry very well. Winter has been rough this year. Does anyone think the ice will be off of it by May 4th? Around that time?

Thanks ahead of time!
[signature]
Ice is still 2 feet thick on Soldier Creek arm and that is the first side to go ice off usually. I would bet on being safe by May 4th though. Once it pulls away from shore it usually goes fast.
[signature]
Assuming we can get the weather to cooperate, we're planing our last ice fishing trip to Soldier Creek for Sunday May 1st! [cool]
[signature]
I predict there will still be ice on Strawberry by May 4. It is already the middle of April and the lake is still pretty locked up.
[signature]
[bobhappy]
Yeah that is what I'm afraid of. COME ON SUN!!!!!!
[signature]
I agree, I don't think the ice will be off until mid-may. It's just been too cold for too long. Even with 60 degrees down here it isnt a lot above freezing up there.
[signature]
I was looking at some of my pictures on my computer the other day, and saw a 27" cut that I caught on ice off several years back. It was April 27. No way it will be that this year. My bet is May 6.

I'm getting anxious though.
[signature]
No signs of open water when the wife and I returned from our turkey hunt in the Basin yesterday. A few fisherman on the Soldier Creek side, the whole lake is covered with plenty of snow. Our hunt is over so it's time to get the boat out of storage and start on the eyes.[fishin]
[signature]