Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SALMON FALLS CREEK RESERVOIR
Anyone been braving the wind lately and fished SFCR?
[signature]
Fished it last weekend for 5 hrs. Very slow. Wind was a major factor in pushing the boat around. 10 -15 MPH. Caught four trout all within an hour 14 to 16 in. Nothing real exciting.
[signature]
I fished the backwaters, and Lucas point. The wind was bad at times. I didn't see any fish on the finder at the backwaters. I did see a couple and had one bite but didn't get the hook set at Lucas point. Water temp at Lucas was 43. It was 46 at the backwaters. I saw one guy catch a fish I think it was a trout. Ron
[signature]
Perhaps if the weather patterns would straighten up and the barrometric pressure stabilize for a few days the bite will turn on again. Gotta love Idaho springtime winds-NOT!
[signature]
That is for sure. I am trying to get my Lek counts done for Sage grouse and the road is so bad I couldn't get there yesterday. The rancher also tore up the road with either a big tractor or a backhoe. I got almost to the spot and slid off the road. It took me about an hour to get back to a road with gravel. I knew with that kind of a start for the day that the rest of the day was not going to be good. Oh well you don't catch anything on the couch. I did get to see a bunch of deer and elk. Ron
[signature]
Whats the chicken situation looking like out there Ron. Acouple of weeks and I think I'll check out CJ, how bout you?
[signature]
Sage grouse counts are slightly up this year.
I am about ready to hit CJ a time or two. I want to hear a couple of good reports first. I might hit Carey Friday if the weather is good. Ron
[signature]