Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard getting warmer
Wiperhunter, my wife and I got out Friday afternoon. It was a bit chilly but nice with a little cloud cover. We worked the dam from South marina to the stick ups by the north marina. I managed to loose a couple bottom bouncers. Dragged some hard baits and thew a few times at the rocks with crank baits and jigs. The water coming into the lake is real cold. Low 40s but the water around the edge in the main lake hits 50'. Also graphed lots of fish in the water column at all depths. This is a good sign the lake is coming around. I got a couple walleye that catches me up. I've been fishless too long. We got a few bites and saw a couple guys on the bank with a nice stringer of cats. Talked to some other guys in a boat that had gotten 3 real nice wipers. Had a nice outing with wiperhunter. I think now that he is retired it would be good for your luck fishing to take him along[Wink]. Both fish were males, unlucky for them.
[signature]
Nice walleye buddy! and thanks for the heads up on the fishing. I will be fishing with your lucky charm this year. just got to make a day I can get away from work.but if not I am sure I can get him to go on a weekend. right curt![Wink]
[signature]
I hit the north marinated Saturday. The water is warming. Got skunked. I did not see a fish caught or any report of catching. I was after the crappie the whole time.
[signature]