Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sat. Road trip
Got cabin fever Sat. morning, so I decided to go fishing. I had never been to East canyon, so headed there. I went thru Henefer and got to the state park boat ramp. Way low! Not knowing where to fish, I just fished a hundred yards to the North of the boat ramp. Caught 3 rainbows in a couple of hours, but it was windy, cold and raining on and off, not real fun. I decided to drive over to Lost Creek and check it out. Went thru Morgan (nice drive down the canyon) and up the Freeway to the Croyden exit. Pretty drive up to the res., lots of wildlife and new lambs and calves. When I crested the dam, I was supprised to find the lake still iced over! I went back below the dam and tried fishing the creek with a small spinner, but after an hour and a half mile I gave it up. On the way home, I took a detour and stopped at Echo Res. Went down the East side and stopped at the first turn out. Talked to a guy who was loading up his gear. He had caught "a few" but wasn't a fountain of info. The wind was really bad there and I didn't feel like dealing with it, so thought I might as well go check out Rockport. I went to the East side looking around and ran into 'joshmobile'. He pointed me to where they had been fishing, so I tried it there for awhile. Caught 2 small 13 in 'bows in 45 min or so. Got cold after awhile, so I headed home. Nice day, cured the cabin fever for a while and got to meet some nice people, great day! We live in a great area when you can fish 3 or 4 lakes in one day, not to mention the scenery.
[signature]
Gary, you get my vote for being a dedicated fisherman!
Take care and hopefully see you soon, Shane

P.S. I can't wait to try out some of that new KC tackle at Starvie in a month or two!!!
[signature]
Sounds like you were in the same mood as me. I rode up the Weber and checked out where Lost Creek runs into the Weber, real cloudy...I was trying out my new fly rod. Looking for clearer water. So I thought I'd continue up to the clear water. Rode past Echo and Rockport...realy drained them getting ready for the runoff I suppose. Rode past Oakley up towards Smith and Morehouse...got the the dirt road and there was at least 2 feet of snow and the road as only snowmobile just before the first bridge. Rode back down to the picnic area and fished for about 2 hours and had only one hit. Rode back all the way and rode up to Lost Creek Resevoir (yep frozen solid) and was heading back down around 7pm saw plenty of deer...bait fished at Taggart on Sun afternoon with son and no luck either....had a great time! Good to get out and enjoy the sun and and not so much the rain.
[signature]