Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Government Wash fishing Sat.
Got out to Gov't wash by sunrise Saturday morning, launched the kayak and begin dift fishing for striper. I used a high/low rig with cut anchovy. I also was vertical jigging a bucktail but no luck all morning to noon. I paddled all over the cove watching the fishfinder. Its was wierd in that I could see balls of bait fish on the finder but no striper following nearby. Talked to some boaters and they reported the same thing. By mid morning I even tried for cat but nada.

It was a beautiful day with light breezes but the fishing was skunky.
[signature]
Well, that can be explained fairly easily... I fished em all out the night before man... think of me as willy wonka, the gov't wash is MY chocolate factory [sly]
[signature]
stripers of breeding size are likely moving out of the wash and into spawning areas
[signature]
You should be finding lots of lg sm bass up shallow though. If you are fishing the gov wash area then just work that whole shoreline directly across and north from the launch beach, probably some 1-3 lb bucks just cruisin around lookin for some fish poontang.[Smile]
[signature]
vegaskid wrote:[/quote]
stripers of breeding size are likely moving out of the wash and into spawning areas[/quote]

They are not ready yet. Water temps are only at 62-63 for the high, also saw the fresh eggs from the fish this weekend............still olive/green. We need dark green to go for launch.

Heard the did another blast last week at the new intake, might have sent the fish north. Did not find many fish on the finder south of Callville.
[signature]
Oh cool. Didnt know that about the egg color.
[signature]