Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oly. Pen. salmon season dates
Although the Wash. Fisheries have said they will announce the Area 5 season around May 1st, Van Ripers Resort in Sekiu sent me an advanced announcement (they participate in the annual meetings). The outlook looks good, and thus the limits and dates are as much as you could ask for this year. Since some of you regularly fish there, and others have PMed me for more info in past years, I thought I would share the following info:
Chinook: July 1-Aug. 15 marked only
Coho: July 1-September 18 marked only
Pinks (Humpies): July 1 Sept. 18 all fish
Daily limits are generous once again. Daily limit of 4 salmon, no more than 2 chinook or 2 coho per limit. In other words, 2 kings and 2 pinks;or 1 coho, 1 king, and 2 pinks; 1 king and 3 pinks; or 4 pinks.
They are expecting good numbers of kings, and 6 million pinks are expected to be hanging out there. In the past few years, limits of pinks can happen within the first few hours of fishing, and last year it seemed we couldn't keep the kings off. Our last day over there last year resulted in 12 kings caught and released in two hours. Since this is a pink year (they only run on odd years) reservations will go fast. Mike
[signature]
Thanks for the update Mike! Great info!
[signature]