Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FishLake?
Does anyone know the conditions at Fishlake?
[signature]
Went last Sat. Fishing is good, ice is solid 14 + inches, no slush, watch edges, some open water at twin creeks, and no crowds.
[signature]
Hah! No crowds...that's an understatement. We fished Sunday and didn't see a soul. Fishing was average for us.

We broke through about 8 ft from shore on the way back (in about 1 foot of water). We were going to stay for Monday but the edges were looking worse and worse (it didn't even get below freezing that night). Like Klam said, once you got out there, there was good ice. If it weren't for the soft edges, I'd say go nuts.
[signature]
And you didn't invite me?[Wink] J/K

Was the fishing average for you or average for the general public? Usual spots?
[signature]
Average for me I guess. [Smile] We started fishing on the south side, but a little farther west than usual. I had the honey hole for the morning in about 25 feet of water. I probably caught 70% perch, 30% trout and fishing was steady for me for several hours. Walked to the east side and fished for a few hours. It was steady, but not fast, then it eventually slowed way down. I shared my second hole with my dad since I had caught like 7 fish to his 1 in the first 30 minutes or so. Mostly splake. No big ones this trip.[frown] (The weather would have been perfect but it was windy all day).
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I really want to get down there for one more more Ice fishing trip.
[signature]
How much open water was there at twin creeks?
[signature]
There was a good bit of water open there...50, 100 ft out maybe? I'm pretty sure I saw people shore fishing there. Hope that helps.
[signature]
My buddy was in the FL neighborhood today. he talked to some folks fishing who said they caught a few small fish. The snow blew in and he decided against getting out the gear.
[signature]
We had a pretty good trip. The edges were soft but there was still around 15 to 16 inches of ice we were drilling through. We had a fun trip.
[signature]