Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any reports on Mantua?
Wondering if anyone has hit Mantua and how the fishing was/is?
[signature]
Went today from shore. Caught a cold. Only one boat on the lake.
[signature]
Real windy, and real slow on saturday, only one fast soft hit[Sad][Sad]
[signature]
Really slow on Saturday, bring back the ice!
[signature]
Mantua probably won't significantly pick up for another month.
[signature]
Stopped by on my way home tonight for about 30 minutes. Caught one rainbow about 19 inches, and another at 12 inches. Both nice and fat. Caught them from shore near the spillway, both on powerbait.
[signature]
Where is the spill way? Is it near the boat ramp?
[signature]
What I refer to as the spillway is just north of the boat ramp and buoyed area. Stopped by again today briefly, but had no action. Didn't see anyone having any kind of luck though.
[signature]
It's a bit north of there. If you walk north along the dike from the docks - you get to where the water crosses under. There's a patch farther north from there where the weeds grow up, and eventually the bluegills will start to gather.

There's a real deep pool by all the warning buoys - where a water pipe comes out from the draw point. Some of those weed beds held some awesome bluegill boils late summer.

Just need more sunny days!
Lots of trout, caught some on power bait some on a jakes. Mix of small 12-13" and decent 15-16". Caught on the dike between the spillway and boat ramp.
[signature]
I'm thinking of going Saturday and fishing it from the shore, anyone else game?
[signature]
Man, I'd love to... but I have to spend the weekend in SLC... I can't wait to get the boat out of storage and head over there.
[signature]
Stopped by briefly yesterday afternoon. Drove around the north side to the parking. It's looking pretty nice there - paved parking lot, bathroom, new dock. Once it warms up some more - that should be some good access. Cast right along the wooded edges. I'll be the gill's'll be a-waiting!

Didn't catch anything but weeds, and the bugs were swarming like crazy, but at least not biting.
Need to get out and float it. Sounds like at least the trout are in a frisky mood.