Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wally world Rapala
[bobhappy]
Hey all a few weeks ago I asked if anyone new where you could find cheaper Rapalas. I got a lot of answers so thank you. I feel it is only fair I point this bit of info out there. I was at Walmart with my wife and little one lastnight and my wife showed up with a very nice Rapala.....now at first I thought it might be a test.....lol.

Anyway, it wasn't one thing my wife has an eye for is "cheap name brand things" The Rapala was on sale regular 7.16 marked down to 3.50. I ran back to where she found it but it was the only one. I talked with a manager and he said they have started doing that. They had some other lures and things for crazy cheap. So just keep an eye out if you are shopping. This was one of the very nice Rapalas. Hope someone gets a good one like I did!!!
[signature]
Check at the end of fall too. Often find a clearance. Got a few clackin raps for $4 from Kmart, and they're normally double that, or more.

My closest Wally world does tend to have a clearance rack at the end of the row - with something marked down.

I did notice a new display - seems like "cheapo" made in China stuff. But when you're talking a bottom bouncer for a buck, or some cranks, jigs, - they're not too bad.
Now granted they don't have the science and technology that comes behind a Rapala, but some walleye worm harnesses, or hooks, weights - stuff I'm gonna be loosing anyway!
[bobhappy]
Everything they had on this shelf was name brand like I said. Not part of there clearance rack they have that to. By the way...look at your gear you will be surprised how much stuff is actually made in CHINA Coyote.
[signature]
Hey, some of my favorite cranks are walmart special china made. Caught plenty of fish on em. I think some times the fish have seen so many "name brand" cranks that the 1.50 jobbers come in handy. I just make sure I replace the cheap china hooks with slightly better china hooks[laugh][Wink].
[signature]
Walmart is funny that way. a couple years ago, thanks to a tip from a post here, I found a lot of rapalas and gear for really cheap at the Orem Walmart. Like the crawfish jointed rapalas for $1 marked down from around $8 (I bought the 2 that were left) and a mepps kit with 5 spinners for $7 marked down from $25. They had all kinds of stuff marked down dirt cheap. I thought they were trying to get rid of them but 2 weeks later had restocked all the stuff that was marked down and back to the regular price. Haven't been able to catch that again but I ALWAYS look when I go just in case.
[signature]
[quote CoyoteSpinner]I did notice a new display - seems like "cheapo" made in China stuff.[/quote]

VICIOUS! I saw that, too, and grabbed some football jigs and a couple other things I was lacking.
[signature]
could try gandermoutian.com they got a special for 20 off 100 right now. couple rods etc you got a 80 dollar tab with a ton of lures.
[signature]