Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My biggest bass ever and on a home made lure! Wooooo!
I have been pouring soft plastics for years, and two days ago figured out a way to pour tubes...
[inline "rs Gorge Craw Tube 01.jpg"]
[inline "rs Gorge Craw Tube 02.jpg"]
[inline "rs Gorge Craw Tube 03.jpg"]
It is a color I matched from a tube that a good friend kicked my butt with one day, I am not going to say much about it, only that it is original and it is deadly!
Headed to the lake to try them out today, wanted to be there earlier but was helping my wife with a few things. It was blowing bad by the time I got out, and only had a little bit of time.
[inline "rs Gorge Craw Tube 04.jpg"]
The first fish I hooked felt heavy...
[inline "rs Gorge Craw Tube 05.jpg"]
[inline "rs Gorge Craw Tube 06.jpg"]
It battled like crazy and turned out to be my biggest bass ever, and caught on a tube I poured two days ago! The first tubes I have ever successfully poured!
[inline "rs Gorge Craw Tube 07.jpg"]
[inline "rs Gorge Craw Tube 08.jpg"]
[inline "rs Gorge Craw Tube 09.jpg"]
[inline "rs Gorge Craw Tube 10.jpg"]
[inline "rs Gorge Craw Tube 11.jpg"]
I had a blast, and every time I catch a fish on a home made lure I can understand how a fisherman who ties his own flies feels... And let me tell you, it feels GREAT!
I am excited about the new tubes, and was so happy that they work!
[signature]
Thought I'd add the pictures to my post...
[signature]
I've never done that but have always been intrigued by making your oun stuff. I've built rods tied some flies and load my own ammo. Just never made the leap to my own plastics because the store bought ones are fairly cheap. Did you get started with a kit or did someone help you get the right stuff without going overboard?
[signature]
Hi Mike,
The reason I started was because there was a color of plastic (smoke with purple glitter) that I couldn't find anywhere. I did a lot of research and bought my supplies from lurecraft, but just like any other hobby it is easy to go off the deep end. I really haven't done too bad, it is just the heating of the plastic that is kind of tough. I purchased a Lee Plastic warmer - Lead production pot, not too good for plastic but I can use it for jigs. I only use a microwave to heat the plastic. But for the most part it is a very fun hobby.
[signature]
[quote daffy]Hi Mike,
The reason I started was because there was a color of plastic (smoke with purple glitter) that I couldn't find anywhere. I did a lot of research and bought my supplies from lurecraft, but just like any other hobby it is easy to go off the deep end. I really haven't done too bad, it is just the heating of the plastic that is kind of tough. I purchased a Lee Plastic warmer - Lead production pot, not too good for plastic but I can use it for jigs. I only use a microwave to heat the plastic. But for the most part it is a very fun hobby.[/quote]

Your tubes look AWESOME, I recently watched a tube dipping video and tried it for the first time.

needless to say... I have some practice to do. They ended up a little top heavy/ not as even as I would have liked.

EDIT: links are not allowed for advertisement unless you pay for that right.