Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And Finally...
After hours of research and many more exploring i have finally located some very hidden warm springs on Utah Lake. The water is clear and warm but, i struggle with landing a LMB. I have location and i know there are fish there (I saw them jumping), I could really use some help though. Mostly angling techniques (Type of lure, how to work it, what part of the reeds to work it in, etc) any help would be appreciated!
[signature]
Try a 6" worm weedless reel slowly, no weight
[signature]
Do I throw it straight into the reeds or next to them?
[signature]
If you are accurate try the weeds
[signature]
1/2 oz booyah boo jig with a craw trailer. Fish the pockets in the weeds and the edges. Use at least 15 lb test line and a stout rod or you won't pull the big ones out of the weeds. I prefer 50 lb braid. Remeber to let those green fish go. There not a ton of them in there, so they really need that spawning population.The fish you see jumping are most likely carp.
[signature]
Trust me i have no intention of keeping any of these, only pictures! Do you think they will start spawning soon in these warm pockets? there are a couple real nice spawning beds right next to the spring.
[signature]
New to bass fishing and wondering if Utah lake is good spot?
[signature]
If you are specifically targeting largemouth bass and have the means to get you around the state, there are better options for bass in my opinion. There are largemouth in Utah Lake. There are some super nice ones there. Me and a good buddy of mine catch plenty during the bluegill and catfish spawn.

Pelican Lake has great largemounth and bluegill. There are some great spots down south as well. I guess it depends on where you live or how far you want to drive. If you are new to targeting bass, I would think that Pelican is probably a good place to start as it is a smaller body of water and the bass are in high numbers there.
[signature]