Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Da Nelle, biggest one I've ever hooked.
Started out a little slow this morning, we couldn't find the troutskies or we were throwing the wrong baits but all turned out very well. I had a bruiser brown turn away right at the boat, guesstimating around 9-10 lbs., it was awesome to see and it made me jump lol. It was game on after that, found the right combination. I was surprised to see how big the cutts are the nelle, they were the majority of our catch. Three browns, four? (released) a little rainbow and the rest cutts.
I caught a nice cutt that did a death roll in my net and long story short I ended up with a treble in my thumb. the wide gap hook was the one that penetrated of course. Being too deep to push it through and too painful to pull it out I did what seemed the most logical, cut the other two hooks off and keep fishing. No sense in leaving when they are biting. Had the doc take it out and that was brutal.
On a stranger note, my daughter who claims to be a 'meatatarian' has been watching too much Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern and wanted me to fry the eyeballs. I didn't think she would really eat them, yuck!
[inline "2011-05-01 12.43.521.jpg"]
[inline "2011-05-01 15.16.021.jpg"]
[inline "2011-05-01 20.26.001.jpg"]
[inline IMAG02859513042731606431.jpg]
[inline "2011-05-01 12.40.401.jpg"]
[signature]
Awesome work Johnny! I thought you were in Texas or something? How about P.Ming me with the hot lure!
[signature]
Nice catch, especially the sucker on the treble hook[:p]. Looks like a great day fishin.
[signature]
Look on youtube for Hook Removel . There are some neat tricks that would have helped you get that out and saved a trip to the Dr. Curt G.
[signature]
Yea It was a pretty tough day out there for sure!!! But we found some biggins... What boat were you in? We were in the aluminum bass tracker... what part of the lake were You fishing?
[signature]
I was telling my buddy about that video on the lake and I thought about looking it up on my phone but it was deep and...well...I wasn't man enough to pull it out myself. I pay more than enough for insurance so I might as well put it to use.
[signature]
I was in a white/blue fish n' ski. We started on the north end and worked our way to the inlet. We left when the dark clouds started rolling in.
[signature]
I've done the troutski hook thing a time or two. First time, I did the doctor thing. The last time I ice it and poked the hook through then cut it off. Nice job son!

[signature]
Ouch i feel your pain! You shoulda manned up and pulled it out. [:p] I have had to pull many hooks outta me and other people best thing to do is pop it out with some fishing line.Those are some nice fish you got there too bad you didnt hook up to the big brown. Fried eyeballs sound yummy though add a little pepper and a lime and swallow.[Wink] I am going to have to make a trip there this year been there once and got skunked but my daughter hooked up to a nice 2-3 lb bucket mouth.
[signature]
After looking at your picture of the fish hook in your thumb, it would have been a piece of cake pulling that out with a piece of fishing line under the bend in the hook, I used that method on my wife last summer with a hook from a Rapala that she had in her thumb, popped out easily and she felt very little pain. It is probably the best method when you're hooked like that.[fishin]
[signature]
[quote curt69]Look on youtube for Hook Removel . There are some neat tricks that would have helped you get that out and saved a trip to the Dr. Curt G.[/quote]

couple links. I oughta practice those techniques.

[url "http://www.simplesurvival.net/hooks.htm"]Fish hook Removal[/url] with diagrams, multiple methods.
[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKAAGWZskGg"]Fish Hook Removal Video[/url] There are plenty of others. Even eye-surgery. Yum!

Thanks for the report. Looks like some good fishn!
If I had that bottle of whiskey things might have been different [laugh].
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]What is the bag and possession limit on "land suckers"?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Can't say you released that one "unharmed". At least you didn't perform a complimentary gillectomy like I do for carp.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Nice work on the troutskis. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
Right on! Great report.
[signature]