Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Beach Bald Eagle's.
I just started fishing at Willow Beach again, in hopes of landing a Whizzle sized striper [Smile]. I went four times last month, and made over 1000 casts, with no luck lol.

The first time this month I fished there, some guy told me a story about a pair of bald eagles that nest somewhere around Willow Beach. I figured he was full of it, until about an hour later. Sure enough there was flying in the sky right above us. I have been out three times since then, and seen at least one Bald Eagle each time.

They don't fly around much, but I've been lucky enough to see them fly every time. That is most likely due to the massive amount of hours I spend at the river while i'm out there lol. Last time out I actually seen both of them, and also figured out where they like to perch. It took the super zoom lens on my camera and still not that good of a photo. I can only give you my word that this picture was taken at Willow Beach lol.

[Image: eagle_small.jpg]
[signature]
that bald eagle is a magnificant sight when ever i see one in the wild it gives me a sense of freedom and what we stand for. i have not seen one here in the southwest yet. i used to see them almost everytime i was out fishing in washington, for me that was a sign of a good fishing day and it usually was.[cool]

i have only fished willow 2 times in the last 10 years, most recent was last may, skunked both times. we were fishing for catfish, striper, and trout. i do enjoy just being out at willow its such a world away from las vegas. i must plan another trip soon. [fishin].
[signature]
Maybe there's something ominous about seeing one right now. Quite a historical moment as far as the "don't tread on me" moto, and a symbol of Freedom.

I've seen many bald Eagles migrating through our western territory, and it's always a site to see.
That ain't no crow or hawk - that's an Eagle.

My wife's crew always got a quarter for being the first to spot something 'bigger'. I think that counts. So - ya may not have landed the striper, but I owe you a quarter.

Nice report.
[cool]Yeah it is great to see them. I see them at Lake Silverwood in calif. on occasion when fishing with my buddy out there. Earlier this year my buddy was out here to fish for striper at hemenway during the plants and we saw one cruising the shoreline looking for a trout while we were in our tubes. It flew around for awhile then landed on the beach for a rest before heading out. Very nice to see.
[signature]
That's what it's about, Nice!
[signature]