Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cutler marsh cat
went and fished out on the valley view on saturday. Fishing was slow but did manage to pick one up,
and lost another that i think was just a bit smaller then the one in the pics.
[signature]
That's a wicked fish! And scaled her right up there to boot! Almost a 10 lber - nice!
I was floating around Sat afternoon from the Benson area. Got into some dinky yellow bellies, and hooked up 'something bigger' at one point.
Great weather! Then it got windy, then nice again, then it turned. Figured THAT was time to go home. Yeah - white caps on the way into dock....

So did you launch from the VVH? I was a bit put off at the DROP you talked about up at Cache Junction. I can SEE why you wouldn't want to put your truck tires over THAT edge! Geez. The launch up by the Benson Church looks pretty muddy and iffy too. Benson was fine.
Wonder when they put the docks in?

Man - that's a nice cat! What (if you don't mind my asking) did you hook him up on?
We launched at the valley veiw bridge and had no problems at all. Caught the fish using shrimp on the barbe, we also was using some cut fish for bait as well.
Pretty slow fishing only touched two in the 4 hours we fished. Did manage to turn myself into a lobster because of a wicked sun burn ohohoh it hurts.
Hopfully better luck next time. If things ever dry out enough
[signature]
Well if you're only going to catch one, that's a dang nice one. I'm jealous, all I got to do this weekend was yard work and homework [frown] Oh well, a few more weeks and I will have a life again.
[signature]
Very nice! I caught a nice one Saturday evening - 26.5" and close to 7 lbs. Also caught a nice one on Thursday eve too. An inch shorter and a little fatter. See lavaman's post on Cutler kitties. I have the pic there. It was fun, that's for sure. Got both of mine on an ultralight. Makes for a fun fight. I was fishing that same area you were Saturday morning for a couple of hours, but needed to be back home. Went back out north of Benson Saturday eve, and that's when I caught the other nice one. Pic is still on my cell phone. Haven't got it to my computer yet, or I would attach it.

What time were you out there Saturday? I saw quite a few boats when I was leaving. I have a little green coleman crawdad.
[signature]
Nice cat brother. Did ya eat her or put her back for seed?
[signature]
i was in that bigger boat that passed you by the bridge i thought that looked liked you but wasnt sure.
She is still swimming in there for sombody else to catch, i love eatin catfish but figured she was a little to big so might taste a little off. Plus was chuck full of eggs as well.

Nice fish man, thats a beauty. To bad i seen where you was fishin lol[Wink] just kiddin
[signature]
So did you go for a float Saturday then? Seemed you'd stayed on dry land Friday. I was down around Benson too - you probably saw my green trailer in the parking lot. There was one other trailer when I left - a bit after dark, when the chilly winds doth blow!

Saw tons of carp, but not much else till I found a pod of nibbly yellow bellies.
Way to go Wormsinker! That is a very nice Channel. Need to fish with you sometime!
[signature]
I saw you out there in between the road and island just to the south. I pulled up with a friend in his silver dodge with my boat in the back. We headed north. I landed a 26.5" channel that was around 7 lbs - just about the same size as the one I caught Thursday night. We left around 8ish. I need to get a light so I can stay out a little after dark.
[signature]
You'll want a green/red for the bow, and white for the stern (hate that - calls in all the BUGS!). I know WallyW N. has em, back SE corner.

And hey - you can get a battery bin from Wallyworld too. Back in the auto section. I went for a more nicer deep cycle marine battery from the boat store, instead of a cheaper Wally/Sears battery. Now I think I probably need a new one for the new boat! Grand.

Also need a boat cover! This rain/Snow!?!?! Aren't we supposed to be into the flowers by now?
Had a bud at work take a tumble into the Blacksmith - got banged up pretty good. That river's a raging!!!
What happens when you don't get the Mrs her mother's day gift! (it's on facebook)

Watch them swollen rivers! I've found the current a challenge to the electric down at Benson even. Was surprised at the height, current, mud - from the Bear back towards the Benson Church launch area.

So what are the Crappie up to in Cutler? Sounds like they might finally be coming in to spawn at the likes of Willard.

Seen the slough, backwaters - up by the dump, and the trout farm are FULL now. Weird that Cache Junction is so low? Curious what they are doing below the dam- this time of year. Running fast and furious?! Low and slow?

I might have to try the VV launch next time. I've pitched the dock there to no avail - several times. Nice spot - see lots of canoes going for it!
I know. I just don't want to spend the money. Got me a nice deep cycle for my trolling motor, but still would like to try to get this old Eska going. Not sure what to do though.
[signature]
hell ya bro it sounds like you coyote and friend like the same fishin as i do
[signature]
Yeah, that was me. I think I am the only one in the state that fishes wearing a crimson and white Alabama ball cap. Easy ID for me. Glad to see you got a nice one. Now this stinking weather needs to get out of the way.
[signature]
[quote thefriends03]I saw you out there in between the road and island just to the south. I pulled up with a friend in his silver dodge with my boat in the back . . .[/quote]

Ah - funny - I saw you drive by, saw the boat hanging out the back - thought - that looks like Ben's boat, but his truck's brown. Now it's all clear - like a bow light lighting up at sunset... Nyark.

Wormsinker - I was hitting the slough's over by the church - and met a feller, almost thought he mighta been you! Ran into him again Sat- at Cutler. Small valley (but BIG fish!!!)
I'd still like to figure out where Cutler's crappie hang out! And if I ever happen across a Walleye - it'll be my little miracle!
my normal honey hole for crappies is not active yet, i think some of this water needs to go away, and warm up a bit and it should be on like donky kong, ill let ya know when i get into some dont worry bro
[signature]