Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palisades
My grandpa, dad, brother, and I decided to venture up to PaliSades today. I could not believe how low it was. Anybody thinking about going around the dam on the Fall Creek Road should just save their time. I don't think there is any way to get a boat on that reservoir without using a helicopter to drop your boat into the water. The water is just way too low. Anyway, to report on the actual fishing. We bank fished for about 4 hours and caught 5 fish. I caught a three pound brown and a little cutthroat. My brother caught a lake trout that was about 6 pounds. The fish was a tank! He also caught a couple cutthroats that were between a pound and a half to two pounds. The fishing was pretty hot for a while, but then went dead in the blink of an eye.

While we were there, we ran into a couple of geologists that were studying the fault line up there. One of the guys told us that the old road to the boat ramp will probably never be opened again. The 8 foot drop in the road is not joke. I saw it with my own eyes and it was a little bit eerie being right there. The guy also told us that the fault is moving about a foot a day. This is mostly due to the fast draw down of the reservoir for run off, but they have been watching this fault line for a while now. They hope the incoming water will slow down the rate of the ground breaking apart. There is still a ton of snow up higher so I am guessing it will fill right up once the snow starts to melt. Hope this has been helpful.
[signature]
we were up at the damn 2 years ago when they were starting the surveying and all of that stuff. we talked to one of the geologist for a while. he didnt paint a very good picture to what they are expecting to happen with it. a foot a day! thats amazing.
[signature]
Good report. At least you got to fish and caught a few. When the lake comes up enough to launch a boat it will be chocolate colored and full of trees !! I'm not even going to get a mussel sticker for Idaho . Jackson Lake here in WY still has LOTS of ice on it. Maybe another week and a half. They are dumping a lot of water out of Jackson Lake also. They want it down to 45%. That means crappy fishing. This is going to be a bad year for spring fishing in this area.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear that you caught some. You would think with the fish concentrated like that, people would be able to find the fish.

Windriver
[signature]