Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pineveiw
Does anybody know the water level at pv ?
[signature]
Last weekend the news said it is about 57% full. I fish it twice this week and there is pently of shore. Two trips and three smallmouth over sixteen inches. A little slow but some nice fish. Warm temp it will pick up very soon.
glty.
[signature]
I was just up at pineview and it is extremely low there.
[signature]
Coming up really fast... it will be full really soon
[signature]
Looks like it's rising at about a foot per day.
Some areas on the East end are very dirty and cloudy. Watch out for floating debris if you are in a boat.
[signature]
Went for 3 hours on Saturday caught one 13" smallie on a black with red flake saltcraw with red claws.

My Dad works out there and he said it came up 5' Fri to Sat. Causey is 100% & coming over the spillway out of control into PV. If they don't start releasing more water it should be full in no time.

Now, how do you catch the crappie with no trees out there? Cast to the bank or sit and jig on a point? Help me out I'm from MO where we tie to a tree and and pull em' up through the branches. Thanks!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Normally we would be fishing in flooded brush in the far eastern side of the lake at this time of year. But the wierd water situation kinda messed that up. Once the water reaches the full mark go back up into the Spring Creek area and you will find the same kind of fishing you are more accustomed to. I just hope the fish get their heads straight by then.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are actually several areas around the lake where you can find shoreline brush and structure appealing to crappiekind. Only problem is that by that time the powersquadron is doing its best to take over the lake by harassing every angler they see. You will make lots of new (high speed) friends up close and personal. They have a careless disregard for the 150 foot rule.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nothing some golf balls and a sling shot can't fix tubedude.

Joking.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Slingshots are for wimps. Here's my style.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[inline "POWER SQUADRON REPELLENT.jpg"]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000ff] actually several areas around the lake where you can find shoreline brush and structure appealing to crappiekind. Only problem is that by that time the powersquadron is doing its best to take over the lake by harassing every angler they see.[/#0000ff][/quote]

The other only problem is that the State Park guys make sure you can't park near as many of those places as you used to, so you have to go ask permission and pay to park somewhere you don't want to be to launch your float tube.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Definitely a hassle to find a place to launch a tube or toon. I don't know anyplace that is free that you don't have to hike a ways with your craft to get on the water. I have a "tube cart" that allows me to get my gear to wherever I need to go...but some of those places are murder...like the hill down from the caretaker's area near the dam. (see pic)[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The combination of access and surviveability is what mostly keeps me off Pineview until all that goes away in late fall...and they no longer charge for launching at the port ramp. That's when the fishing gets good anyway.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
You don't have to pack in too far for the spring creek area, that is where i launched the tube allot last year. When the water gets low it is quite the walk to the water but there are some pretty well beaten paths that make it easier, just have to avoid the swimmers/partiers that usually take over the area during the heat of summer.
[fishon]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The Spring Creek access point is good for tubers, but only if they have a light tube they can walk with for a ways. I still need to use my tube cart to load all my gear on it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]When the water is up and the timing is right, this is a great spot for easy access to crappies around the stickups. Also a good place to find the big toothy predators that like to eat crappies. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If the water stays up for a while, the shallows and stickups attract clouds of small perch and crappies and that brings in the larger perch, crappies and smallmouths that feed on them. Also a good spot for some topwater action for largemouths just before dark and right at daybreak.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also some free walk-in access at Middle Inlet and off the old road that comes down and ends in the lake to the south of Eden. Browning point is another good spot that is free...if not easy. Some good tubing on either side of that spot.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[quote Pookie76]
Now, how do you catch the crappie with no trees out there? Cast to the bank or sit and jig on a point? Help me out I'm from MO where we tie to a tree and and pull em' up through the branches. Thanks![/quote]

Several years ago I was there when the water was low like this. I found the crappie suspended at 8 feet in 12 feet of water. Once I found the crappie I did some vertical jigging and the action was fast.
[signature]