Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake? Any luck?
ive been going 2 Utah Lake the last couple of days, been looking for Cat Fish and no luck, also been looking for Blue Gill and still nothing, anyone know of any good spots to find these fish? any tips will help and appreciated...
[signature]
One thing's for sure don't bother to for the next 7 - 10 days it seems. That's my feeling judging from the latest weather forecast. It's already been a mocha frap iced and ready for filling the starbucks venti cups lol. If you want free unsweetened mocha fraps go to utah lake, you can drink all you want for the next week. Looks like next Sat may be okay but one sunny day won't help in my opinion.
[signature]
I agree with Fin-S-Fish! Utah lake needs consistant good weather for consistant fishing.
[signature]
Yeah,

I went yesterday. Tried the Provo boat harbor and Lincoln Beach and not a bite. The wind was terrible and it was cold. The ranger said nothing has been going on because the weather is too unstable.
[signature]
I also stopped by Provo harbor for a few minutes just to check the temp and cast a couple of times. The water at the inlet was 48 degrees. Inside the harbor, it was 58. The weather has certainly knocked it back down, and I don't suspect it will get back up in white bass range for a week or so, looking at the forecast. Middle of next week looks GOOD though. I did catch one white bass in the few minutes I was there, but I think I just got lucky.
[signature]
I went down to the Provo Boat Harbor and fished on the river side and in the harbor for a while early in the morning, just as the sun was coming up, earlier this week. The water was high, muddy, and cold. The river current was making waves almost big enough to surf on. The fishing was totally nonproductive. I hope it gets better in the next few weeks. I'd like to catch a bucket of white bass [bobbeaten]
[signature]
my brother and i went out on saturday and put 46 white bass in the boat and 1 carp. seems like the bass were the only thing biting all day.
[signature]
The weather is probably making the fish, of all species, scratch their heads. They will probably go crazy when this loooong front finally moves through. I can't believe the weather people think the weather is going to be so cruddy for the next week or more.

Hopefully they are wrong - it happens[Wink]
[signature]
I hit the lake this afternoon when the sun came out for a little bit. I fished from about 5:30 to nearly 6:30 and only got 6 white bass. There was one lone female in the mix. They were at the usual depths but not in the numbers like they typically are this time of year. Definitely need some warmer days...
[signature]
the last 2 days i've been fishing (jigging) against the wind near a bunch of rocks and trees even tho its been windy thats where fish seem 2 gather, i think i've gotten around 20 white bass and 2 catfish in the last 2 days ...
[signature]
Glad to see you getting them dialed in. I still haven't caught a catfish this year.
[signature]
what kind of bait are you using?
[signature]