Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some advice?
Hello All,

My buddy is getting his boat in the water for the first time in a while tommorow and wants to test it out with fairly local run (something 2 to 10 miles offshore). Anyone have any suggestions where to go anywhere from Long Beach to Dana Piont that might hold some great fishing?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator

Hi there theangler,

I'm not a PB'er so I can't help you on GPS numbers. The bait receiver used by Davey's, Dana Wharf and Newport are pretty friendly and they often will give him good info if he talks to them when they are not so busy!

It's kind of a crap shoot but another possibility is to shadow the 1/2 dayers. Descretly hang out at a good distance and slip into their chum line or spot off the kelp when they gotta go home. But.... don't be suprised if they call over their landings 3/4 day boat to take over their spot if it's really hot. ha ha I'd try casting into the kelp with plastics or live bait myself. Watching the birdies is good to if he's looking for Barracuda.

I don't think Horseshoe is that good right now and I wouldn't do Palo Verde with a new boat unless he's really experienced. If I was takin' out a boat for the first time, I'd do the inside the Long Beach breakwater 'Wall' unless he's got the captians card for a certian 'haul you boat back' company! ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
i'd try fishing the break wall... i've been talking to some guys that have been pullin some nice calicos like 5 and 6 pounders off of there. halibut, SCULPIN, and sandies too.

dont forget the bonine[laugh] ok ok....i'll stop buggin you about that. i get the same thing.

joe
[signature]
Hello Guys,

Thank you for the heads up! We ended up at Dana Piont. Although Pattie hoping did not produce any Yellowtail, we did end up with 3 White Sea Bass (1 keeper), 3 keeper Calico's, a couple sand bass, and 2 baby halibut. [center][Image: joeandfong350.jpg][/center]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator